Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-11-2005, 03:48 AM

Default Re: 10/20 6 Max - 3bb winners

I personally (and I'm sure others do too) don't see how it's possible to be a long term 3bb or 4bb winner in 10/20. The difference in quality of play between a 2bb winner and a 4bb winner isn't clear to me. Both types of players will agree on all fundamentals (what seems basic to us is still very much advanced) of the game and the types of decisions that will differ are always in marginal situations. I don't understand how these marginal spots make up for so much of a winrate.

I realize that there is much of a gray area when it comes to discussing what winrate is comprised of, but the purpose of this post is to try and break apart alot of the gray.
Old 09-11-2005, 03:51 AM

2bb/100 is easy 3bb/100 is possible, it's just that most of those who make that much dont post here.
Old 09-11-2005, 03:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i try to ignore winrate. i try to focus on improving and making the correct decisions. you should do the same.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've read many of your posts, Bob and agree with most of them. I'm always looking to learn and have been networking on here for that reason.
Old 09-11-2005, 04:03 AM

i was ecstatic when my winrate rose above 1bb.

however, i have had multiple 10k streaks at 4bb.

fun game, no doubt. but i dont care and i believe that is my main strength and weakness.
Old 09-11-2005, 04:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i try to ignore winrate. i try to focus on improving and making the correct decisions. you should do the same.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've read many of your posts, Bob and agree with most of them. I'm always looking to learn and have been networking on here for that reason.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bob,

How do you know if "correct decisions" are correct?
I'm a tracker enthusiast and am constantly looking through to see what kind of leaks I have in my game. Only problem is there's no way of determining if one is playing badly or running badly in certain spots/hands. Maybe I should post about that and ignore winrate.
Old 09-11-2005, 04:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's the million dollar question. IMO there are many factors that go into making a "correct" decision. Read, your table image, your position, pot size, etc. all factor in. Ultimately it is all about taking the info you have, and making the play that will produce the most money in the long run. How one goes about collecting and interpreting that information is where each player differs.

EDIT: But I'm only a 1.3BB/100 winner in my 200K hand career.
Old 09-11-2005, 04:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's the million dollar question. IMO there are many factors that go into making a "correct" decision. Read, your table image, your position, pot size, etc. all factor in. Ultimately it is all about taking the info you have, and making the play that will produce the most money in the long run. How one goes about collecting and interpreting that information is where each player differs.

EDIT: But I'm only a 1.3BB/100 winner in my 200K hand career.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, I've been relatively humble up until this point. It's funny you just added that edit, because that's EXACTLY where I am. 200,000 hands of mixed games, 1.29bb/100...60,000 hands of 10/20 6 max, 1.2bb/100.

I didn't want to say I feel like I'm running badly, because I'm sure everyone feels that way. There's no way I know of to see the difference between luck and skill (in pokertracker). I'm still wondering if all the 3bb-4bb winners over 300,000 hands are just 2bb winners that had incredible, extended luck.

I'm fully aware of the concept involved in decision-making and many other aspects of playing poker. If you read some of my other posts, you will realize I know what i'm talking about, but as a 1.3 bb winner like you, I just don't understand how 3bb or 4bb is possible. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 09-11-2005, 04:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
EDIT: But I'm only a 1.3BB/100 winner in my 200K hand career, but I would be a 2.0 BB/100 winner if I stopped trying to make the sexy so much. In fact, I owe Nick $20 because he tried to make the sexy today and got pwned by a river check through.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP
Old 09-11-2005, 04:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
2bb/100 is easy

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't play 10/20 but on behalf of at least half of the forum STFU.
Old 09-11-2005, 04:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]