Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-22-2005, 10:25 PM

Default Re: standard or spew?

I feel like you would be better off playing a higher stakes uncapped NL game, than this low limit capped buy stuff. The general feeling I get from your posts in both forums and your style of play lead me to believe you would be fish food in low limit capped buyin games....Give you a 5k stack in a 10/20 game and now we are having some fun.

I am being dead serious.
Old 09-22-2005, 10:37 PM

thanks i totally see where youre coming from but my experience this year has shown me the opposite is true for now.

i have done super well in the local 5-5 500 max game near my house. i feel really comfortable in the game despite very little nl experience. i do not try to make a lot of moves. i basically try and get all in with the best hand on either the flop or once in awhil the turn. ive been doing very well with that strategy because people seem very willing to put it all in against me. ive been shocked at my own restraint and patience at times. actually ever since i turned 30 a couple years ago things have been changing big time.

anyway im scared to death of the bigger games like the 600 min buy in 5-10 at commerce. i think i would get eaten alive in that game from what ive seen. some of those guys play pretty well and have no qualms about flipping a $1000 chip or 3 into the pot at any given moment. no ill maybe check that in about 2 years, if ever.

but man i love no limit.
Old 09-23-2005, 12:26 AM

another soon-to-be ex limit player....

find an uncapped $1-2 game, buy in for $500....
Old 09-23-2005, 12:37 AM

I bet flop for full 30, then give up.

Nothing wrong with folding p/f. Nothing wrong with not betting flop. But when you're hand is that marginal, not time to bet 2/3 pot.
Old 09-25-2005, 12:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
find an uncapped $1-2 game, buy in for $500....

[/ QUOTE ]

These just don't exist in LA and surrounding areas mostly because the entire collection is taken on any flop. If anything, we are seeing more and more games with blinds of $5 and $10 and fixed buys of $400 or $500. If you can play a long session both you and weaker opponents can get deep.

~ Rick