Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-26-2005, 12:50 AM

Default Re: Worst job you can think of

god, you're right. and i've cleaned septic systems, dug ditches, and helped dig up avalanche victims- all dead (luckily i was on the sidelines for the actual body finding part)

though i will say, i saw some guys breaking up a 4in slab of concrete with sledges and prybars once. that looked pretty bad too.
Old 01-26-2005, 12:57 AM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In risposta di:</font><hr />
though i will say, i saw some guys breaking up a 4in slab of concrete with sledges and prybars once. that looked pretty bad too.

[/ QUOTE ]

done it. good upper body workout. manual labor isn't that bad.
Old 01-26-2005, 01:05 AM

do it for five years, 50 weeks a year, 8 hours a day, then tell me how you feel about it- these guys looked like they'd made a carrer out of it, and they were both obviously in the early stages of labor related deformity and pain.

manual labor is a (life shortening)nightmare, for those who have no other option.
Old 01-26-2005, 01:56 AM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In risposta di:</font><hr />
do it for five years, 50 weeks a year, 8 hours a day, then tell me how you feel about it- these guys looked like they'd made a carrer out of it, and they were both obviously in the early stages of labor related deformity and pain.

manual labor is a (life shortening)nightmare, for those who have no other option.

[/ QUOTE ]

obviously it would blow full time. i used to do it during the summers, like 3 years in a row. paving driveways in intense heat. still only 20-30 hours a week, not bad at all. also a lot of time was spent just chilling out waiting for the hot top to show up, and there was tons of joking around going on.
Old 01-26-2005, 03:37 AM

that still sucks. it was housepainting for me. and i had as much fun doing that in college (it was mostly standing around and smoking cigs, watching the primer dry- good times) as i did playing frisbee golf- until i became the boss. Unfourtunatly, i got hooked on the 40$/hr i was making and dropped out- now i have a bad back and no degree. (well.... it was a little more complicated than that, involving a girl and an unfourtunate skiing habit, (coke is not the most addictive white powder, imo) among other things)

...but there's nothing like hard labor to build up the 'ol work ethic and make sitting in front of a computer gringing 1/4 and 2/4 seem like easy street.

good stuff.
Old 01-26-2005, 07:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

obviously it would blow full time. i used to do it during the summers, like 3 years in a row. paving driveways in intense heat. still only 20-30 hours a week, not bad at all. also a lot of time was spent just chilling out waiting for the hot top to show up, and there was tons of joking around going on.

[/ QUOTE ]

An order of magnitude worse is that kind of job in India (or any third-world nation). It's amazing the type of manual labor you see done without the aid of any machines.
Old 01-26-2005, 01:02 AM

Somebody must test butt plugs.

-Michael
Old 01-26-2005, 01:06 AM

hey, if you're into that kinda stuff i'm sure it's not that bad. i wonder if they use animal testing? butfugging animals for a living would be pretty bad.
Old 01-26-2005, 01:09 AM

Doctors make way too much $ for that job to be anywhere near the worst.

There are enough jobs out there that literally involve shoveling [censored] all day that one of them must be near the top.

That said the guys that had to clean-up after Chernobyl prolly had close to the worst job I could think of. Doing backbreaking work and basically knowing you would die a painful death as a result of it has to suck.
Old 01-26-2005, 01:19 AM

Clean-up crew after a crime scene.