Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-14-2004, 01:18 AM

Default Re: The variance at .02/.04 is ridiculous

[ QUOTE ]
I also sit 0.02/0.04 when I want to play, but aren't feeling up to a long session or when I just want to LAG it up.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're not one of those people who sits down at the $0.02/$0.04 table with an $80 stack are you?
Old 12-14-2004, 01:56 AM

sounds like pacific poker 1/2. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I love it. I would think about giving up one nut if it meant that every party game was as loose and terrible as these pacific poker games.
Old 12-14-2004, 02:00 AM

One day I would like to sit at one of the nanolimit tables with like $1000. Just for the phuk of it.
Old 12-14-2004, 02:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I also sit 0.02/0.04 when I want to play, but aren't feeling up to a long session or when I just want to LAG it up.

[/ QUOTE ]

I do this too back at my ol' Stars $.05/.10 stomping grounds. I made $5 in a brief session the other day, so I played a $5 sng with it and promptly dropped in 6th place because I know little to nothing about sngs. Still enjoyable though.
Old 12-14-2004, 02:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No real content here, but I thought I'd add that occasionally people do this at PP 0.5/1 too. One time when I was playing 0.5/1, a guy sat down with $25 and literally bet and raised every time he could. He went bust and everyone encouraged him to reload. He asked how much he should reload with and I said "preferably 4 figures" and sure enough he loads up about $3200. I looked him up on the search feature and here he was playing 3 games of 10/20 in addition to our 0.5/1 game. He just sat down at 0.5/1 to screw around, mess with people and probably vent frustration. The sad thing is, when I left the table (this was at like 3 am) he was up. Interesting night.
Old 12-14-2004, 01:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
However, avoid the temptation to play stuff like 54s or JTo UTG. Solid poker will win at this level. I have been there, and I know.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why? those are exactly the type of hands that win pots in such loose games. (Maybe not necessarily the JTo, but definitely 54s.
Old 12-14-2004, 01:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
However, avoid the temptation to play stuff like 54s or JTo UTG. Solid poker will win at this level. I have been there, and I know.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why? those are exactly the type of hands that win pots in such loose games. (Maybe not necessarily the JTo, but definitely 54s.

[/ QUOTE ]
Because you're out of position with a weakish drawing hand, and position is important.

Rob
Old 12-14-2004, 01:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Because you're out of position with a weakish drawing hand, and position is important.

Rob

[/ QUOTE ]

Position isn't nearly as important when you can predict what your opponents are gonna do. At this level you know they're either calling or raising.

If these tables are as loose as I imagine they are, then you've probably got the implied odds to play any decent hand from any position.
Old 12-14-2004, 01:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If these tables are as loose as I imagine they are, then you've probably got the implied odds to play any decent hand from any position.

[/ QUOTE ]
I disagree. Position is by far the most important aspect of hold'em. Just because your opponents are loose and take their hands way too far, doesn't make 45s playable here. I'd limp at a table like this with as low as 89s.

Rob
Old 12-14-2004, 02:19 PM

No you're right Entity, I totally missed that you said don't play 54s or JTo UTG. Carry on.