Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-23-2004, 07:52 PM

Default Re: 2+2 SnG Results

Good game everybody. I enjoyed it very much, although my HU against William was one of the shortest I remember, considering we were both equal stacks when it started. I'll post the final hand here soon.

Anyway, I lost it to a player who's much better than myself, so I can't feel too bad about it... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Good show, William, and congrats for the 1000th post!!

PrayingMantis
Old 03-23-2004, 08:14 PM

Default Re: Leaderboard standings- Euro

what is the website?

The rankings will be archived on a webpage later this week. I will post the details here when it is ready, so keep 'em peeled.

Simon
Old 03-23-2004, 08:15 PM

Default Re: Another...

Yes, that's a hand I'm not sure about. I put Hetrocker on an Ax when he bet the turn. I felt that calling his bet turn will be more suspect than if I raise him, although I rather regreted it after his fold. I was trying to make him feel I'm pushing him out, not believing his ace bet. It didn't work.

He thought about it for a long time, which actually shows he was very far from putting me on a monster. I suspect he was basically afraid of a stronger kicker.

All in all, I think I played it too aggressively. Should have called and try to get some more on the river, especially if the flush card doesn't hit.

Any comments? Heyrocker?

Old 03-23-2004, 08:22 PM

Default Re: A hand...

I had Kd Ks. Yes, flopped another monster. But in this hand I'm sure raising was the right move, since there were so many draws out there, and I knew you had one or two of them. The fact that I had the Ks didn't really calm me down...

I would have been very glad if you had tried to push me off this hand... So I think it was a good fold by you, Tim.
Old 03-23-2004, 08:26 PM

How many of you guys are going to be playing both SnG's?
Old 03-24-2004, 05:05 AM

Default Re: And another

T Perkin,

I know this is a risky play, but this was literally my first decent hand in the tournament. Bearing in mind that any raise I had made seemed to be folded to, i decided to see if I could set a trap. I actually thought that heyrocker may push back at me pre-flop or even on the flop with top pair etc.

I know I wasn't the short stack, but I fancied mixing my play up. Maybe you are right and I should have bet T200 into the 200 pot, but in this situation I think it is irrelevant whether I bet T100 or T200 into the pot, given the relativer stack sizes at the time.

I would be interested in how others perceive this play, bearing in mind my stats for the tourney posted earlier.

Cheers

Jon
Old 03-24-2004, 05:10 AM

FWIW I put hey rocker on at least AJ, if not AQ on that hand.

I think he thought you had AK mantis.

But hey you both fininshed higher than me so what do I know [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Cheers

Jon
Old 03-24-2004, 05:30 AM

I usually play both, although naturally i have to miss both the first week of the leaderboard.

Doc
Old 03-24-2004, 08:29 AM

I had AJo and feel I misplayed this hand pretty badly. The way this went is that random moved in for 309, and Helmutsky raised to 600. In my head I thought, "oh a min raise" even though its still 3X the BB. Then when the flop came, I basically just took a shot at it, because it seemed like the kind of flop that would miss most raisable hands (except of course 77) and when he just called I thought "hmmm, thats not good." Then when the turn A came I just got excited without thinking, and when he reraised I put him on a better kicker (because after all if he had a hand on the flop he would have raised me right?) I really should have just checked the flop and gone from there because lets face it AJo is not all that hot. Mantis would have thrown a big bet and I could have bailed. I also wasn't really thinking about Mantis' play style at the time, in that he's not the kind of guy who screws around with crap.

Good game all, but damn what a grind. After playing SNGs on Paradise all week that felt like a six hour multi.
Old 03-24-2004, 08:33 AM

You are mostly correct, however if you had just called that turn the alarm bells would have been going off in my head like there was an inferno burning in the apartment next door. Even I would have known there was trouble brewing there.