Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-17-2005, 07:03 PM

Default Re: 1/2 full ring

Welcome to the forum, Kis.

You can fold that river. You were playing to your four Queen outs on the turn when you got checkraised.

You didn't even quite have the odds to call that turn checkraise, so maybe you could have folded there too. But implied odds might have made up the difference making a call OK. I don't understand the Implied Odds concept too well.

Betting the turn in the first place was not a good idea. You were worse than a 3 1/2:1 dog to any J or T at that point, two commonly held cards; and you were worse than an 11:1 dog to any two pair or set (a foolishly slowplayed 66, or 55 if he is the fishy calling station type) which MP3 seems to have had when he put the whackadoo on your over-aggressive butt.

[6th1stPIRT]
Old 09-17-2005, 07:07 PM

Thx for the feedback. And yes its the turn play I am worried about. My thought process was something like this: I showed strenght on the flop. He plays almost every other hand. I bet for value or to get a free showdown.

Neither of this worked out since he checkraised me so I didnt get a free showdown..

Well he turned over 55 for a set.
So you all think I should take this free card?
Old 09-17-2005, 07:12 PM

[posting blind]

I imagine this has already been said, but you should take the free card on the turn here. You're not folding anyone out, and if you do get check/raised, you should call. In that case, you want the free card.
Old 09-17-2005, 07:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes - you aren't winning this with A-high, so you don't mind showing weakness by checking the turn. Also, you're not folding everyone either, so the bet on the turn isn't for value or to fold anyone. (Some use the term 'fold equity' here - you don't have enough to make the bet worthwhile on the turn IMO.)
Old 09-17-2005, 07:30 PM

I think you overestimate the cards the opponents are holding and their stubborness to hold on to them. I think I can get people to fold a 5, 6 and a 10 here. But I will take the free card the next time.
Old 09-17-2005, 07:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Thx for the feedback. And yes its the turn play I am worried about. My thought process was something like this: I showed strenght on the flop. He plays almost every other hand. I bet for value or to get a free showdown.

Neither of this worked out since he checkraised me so I didnt get a free showdown..

Well he turned over 55 for a set.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think one really important concept is that there's still 2 people remaining. While it's totally possible with the right opponents, the likelihood that you'll win UI and the likelihood that you can value-bet the best hand decreases rapidly with the number of people in. Against one weak player, a turn bet is usually valid, but with both of these guys in I'd usually check behind.
Old 09-17-2005, 07:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think you overestimate the cards the opponents are holding and their stubborness to hold on to them. I think I can get people to fold a 5, 6 and a 10 here. But I will take the free card the next time.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, but can you get both to fold often enough? A lot depends on your opponents here. Many will still put you on overcards and call down with their crappy pair.
Old 09-17-2005, 08:14 PM

i call the flop and fold the turn without an A/K/Q/[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].

the way it played out, what could MP3 have that your pair of kings beats on the river?
Old 09-17-2005, 09:53 PM

I'm putting him on something like 10, 5, suited. Two pair. I'd probably call on the river.