Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-22-2005, 06:38 PM

Default Re: Tell me I played it wrong.....please

Rich - well played on every street. Tough break.

BUT, let me ask you, what do you think he put you on? Meaning, if he put you on AKs or AQs, and would not let go of that read, he was able to justify calling you down. Not saying he played it right (he should have raised you on the flop or turn to find out), but just trying to help dissipate the steam for you. If you look at his calls, and him saying to himself, this guy has AK or AQ, I have a pair, I am calling him down, you can see why he called.

Now, the real question, why didn't he raise you on the river? He had to know his boat was good. Oh wait, I know - he is a donkey! Nevermind. [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

Tough break, good luck in the big one!
Old 11-22-2005, 06:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Rich - well played on every street. Tough break.

BUT, let me ask you, what do you think he put you on? Meaning, if he put you on AKs or AQs, and would not let go of that read, he was able to justify calling you down. Not saying he played it right (he should have raised you on the flop or turn to find out), but just trying to help dissipate the steam for you. If you look at his calls, and him saying to himself, this guy has AK or AQ, I have a pair, I am calling him down, you can see why he called.

Now, the real question, why didn't he raise you on the river? He had to know his boat was good. Oh wait, I know - he is a donkey! Nevermind. [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

Tough break, good luck in the big one!

[/ QUOTE ]

Hero bet the flop and turn. Villain bet the river and hero called. Villain could not raise on the river.

I don't agree it was well played on every street. The preflop raise to 4xBB with JJ into 2 limpers was not good.
Old 11-22-2005, 07:00 PM

Perhaps he was thinking, why no check raise? Perfect opportunity for it. Hero would most likely bet to make the busted flush draw fold and then the super surprising raise comes back at him instead. Eh?

-Gross
Old 11-22-2005, 07:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hero bet the flop and turn. Villain bet the river and hero called. Villain could not raise on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oops, sorry misread it. you are correct. I also missed the flush draw. So the villian is not as big a donkey as I thought.

[ QUOTE ]
I don't agree it was well played on every street. The preflop raise to 4xBB with JJ into 2 limpers was not good.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hear you on the bigger raise, and I agree somewhat. Yes he could have bet more, but I doubt one extra BB would have pushed the villian off his hand. Maybe.
Old 11-22-2005, 07:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I hear you on the bigger raise, and I agree somewhat. Yes he could have bet more, but I doubt one extra BB would have pushed the villian off his hand. Maybe.

[/ QUOTE ]

It doesn't matter whether it would have gotten villain to fold, and you don't particularly want him to fold.

With 2 limpers, I would generally raise to 6xBB rather than 4xBB, particularly with a medium strong hand such as JJ.
Old 11-22-2005, 07:55 PM

PreFlop: 5x BB
Flop: Agree with you.
Turn: Push it.
Old 11-22-2005, 07:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The preflop raise to 4xBB with JJ into 2 limpers was not good.

[/ QUOTE ]

thats a bit harsh. i think a raise to 900 here is going to scare them away too often.