Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: The Road Warrior (3) or American Ninja (14)?
The Road Warrior (3) 76 81.72%
American Ninja (14) 17 18.28%
Voters: 93. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-15-2005, 10:32 PM

Default Re: Mod Battle Round 1

[ QUOTE ]
bump.
Are we using brackets or seeding system( ie if seed 32 wins will he play number 2 or the winner of 16 vs 17)

[/ QUOTE ]

brackets
Old 10-15-2005, 10:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Polls are judged more harshly than threads started wthout a poll. Polls which are the basis of a multi-thread tournament will be judged even more harshly (they better be good)

[/ QUOTE ]

hmmmm I don't know. perhaps I'll just see how I do before I decide.

thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

i did put a disclaimer in the original seeding thread that said if any of the mods have a problem with this, that i have no problem with you locking it and ending the contest.

p.s. also i doubt you lose your first round match
Old 10-15-2005, 10:41 PM

I propose a change on the rules and have each round to last 3 days so we can get more votes, negociate with other forums , more chances for dramatic comebacks,etc.
Old 10-15-2005, 10:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Polls are judged more harshly than threads started wthout a poll. Polls which are the basis of a multi-thread tournament will be judged even more harshly (they better be good)

[/ QUOTE ]

thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

i did put a disclaimer in the original seeding thread that said if any of the mods have a problem with this, that i have no problem with you locking it and ending the contest.

p.s. also i doubt you lose your first round match

[/ QUOTE ]

he's not doin so great...
Old 10-15-2005, 10:45 PM

I don't have a problem with it as far as being offended and it is obviously being done in a good natured way. But what does it really decide and will it be interesting as the rounds progress? Seems like this could get really old really fast much like that crappy ass and similar contest sexdrugsmoney tried to do.

Mat is the best moderator and commodus is cool because of the mystery surrounding his identity and how he rose to power. But we already knew that.

Most of the moderators really don't do anything beyond tending to their forums (spam, moving posts) so I can't see any of these that don't include Mat (because he is the admin) Commodus (as discussed) and perhaps myself (because of the controversy) being anything other than a who do you like best poll which i'm sure the participants themselves don't care about (or atleast I would hope so). Clearly a similar none mod poll would result in exile from myself and i'm just wondering if this is all that different.

I'm willing to entertain arguements here because some people seem to enjoy it but i'm leaning on the side of this is just another sucky poll within a sucky tournament.

I was kidding about seeing how I do. I already know I am the greatest moderator in the history of the internet. If anything me winning probably means I have not been hard enough as of late.
Old 10-15-2005, 10:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm excited by this tourney. I hope you don't lock it.

As for your results: People either love you or hate you, not much middle ground. (you got my vote)
Old 10-15-2005, 10:47 PM

if you dont want me to finish this out i wont, just thought it would be fun. so basically, its up to you.
Old 10-15-2005, 10:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm excited by this tourney. I hope you don't lock it.

As for your results: People either love you or hate you, not much middle ground. (you got my vote)

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok perhaps it would help if you explained what it is that excites you about it? I mean what is interesting about seeing who it more liked beyond the more visible mods. I barely know anything about how they mod beyond 2-3. All I know is mostly how good of a poker player they are percieved to be and how good of an OOT poster they are and I'm confident that I know more about these guys then many of the people who frequent OOT. But this contest isn't about who is the better poster/player is it?
Old 10-15-2005, 10:52 PM

ah, lighten up, bro. Yeah, it's just a popularity contest, but it is yet another outlet for our competitive instincts.
Old 10-15-2005, 10:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
if you dont want me to finish this out i wont, just thought it would be fun. so basically, its up to you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes of course it is up to me. If I had decided it isn't going to be finished it won't be. But I haven't i'm just asking some questions as its obvious you did put thought into and its not mean spirited. I'm just thinking out loud and asking questions.