Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-24-2005, 06:13 AM

Default Re: Is this a value bet?

[ QUOTE ]
When the flop is K52 or something, you are going ot have to get involved ...

[/ QUOTE ]

Wouldn't you be more inclined to fold a K52 flop, since there are no draws anyone could be betting?
Old 04-24-2005, 06:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wouldn't you be more inclined to fold a K52 flop, since there are no draws anyone could be betting?

[/ QUOTE ]

Against good players maybe but not so much against bad players. They will bet something like 65 all day long on a K52 board but will check and call 43.
Old 04-24-2005, 06:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Against good players maybe but not so much against bad players. They will bet something like 65 all day long on a K52 board but will check and call 43.

[/ QUOTE ]

Er, maybe I'm not getting this. If they'll bet 5's all day long on a K52 flop, they would certainly bet T's and Q's all day long on a KsQcTs flop. Anyone with a flush draw, a queen, a ten, a nine, or an ace will be calling the bet.
Old 04-24-2005, 02:27 PM

This was exactly my thinking. I thought that the initial bettor could have any pair or any draw. Then each caller I put on a Q, a T, or a draw, since with this draw heavy board they would certainly raise top pair or better. But I called the flop because I was afraid the flop bettor had me beat. If he continued on the turn, I was folding. But when he checked the turn, I thought that I either had the best hand on the turn or someone had hit their flush or straight. So I raised to protect in case I had the best hand (many people would raise a flush or OESD on the flop, so I discounted those possibilities somewhat) and was planning on folding to a 3 bet. When it didn't come, I was assuming that I had the best hand and they they were either still drawing or they had a Q or T. So I thought about betting the river hoping to get a call from a Q, but thought that they chances that someone would check-raise me were too high, so I checked. I think it is close to a VERY thin value bet, though. And yes, I took it down - they each had queens.
Old 04-24-2005, 02:44 PM

Fold the flop. The pot is small, and you almost have no kicker. Moreover, the board is super draw heavy and shares none of your suit. At .5/1 a lot of passive players will just call with hands like K9-KJ. Fold.

Nice raise on the turn. If you think you have a chance this is the way to play it, but I don't think you're ahead so fold.

On the river no one has shown much strength, but I'm not sure this is a value bet because of how often you'll be check-raised and lose. Any reads on the SB?
Old 04-24-2005, 02:49 PM

The prelop limp is fine. The problem with calling and waiting till the turn is.
A) your hand doesn't figure to be the best all that often even if a safe card comes, as you have a [censored] kicker.
B) A safe card didn't come; I think it's tough to wait for a safe card when the board doesn't scream: "chase this particular straight/flush." There are all kinds of hands that can be helped by the turn and you have no way of knowing which are being helped.
Old 04-24-2005, 03:06 PM

I would fold preflop, the flop, the turn, and check behind on the river [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-24-2005, 08:29 PM

Grunch.

I'm not a fan of Kx suited, so I fold pf.

But now I'm plagued with TP on the flop. I don't like the flop, though. I think I hope to get it checked through and get a random card on the the turn. Otherwise I fold on the flop. I've got no kicker to speak of, the 4 flush is there as well as the straight. I just think I'm losing more money on this hand than I'm winning.

Is that just too weak tight?
Old 04-25-2005, 01:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Is that just too weak tight?

[/ QUOTE ]
Probably giving up pretty small EV if any and reducing variance. I think this hand CAN be played profitably, however, against such weak opposition.