Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-19-2004, 10:23 AM

Default Re: the kings

Thanks for the responses. If he had a set, I wanted to find out now and raised the flop, I think twin is good enough to not lose more money with whatever he had. Raised to $300 both folded.
Old 11-19-2004, 02:41 PM

Not quite boogy...

This IS indeed a read. When 'reading' a player you are trying to put him on a range of hands, and that is what he did.

In fact, he even metnioned the possibility that he felt was LEAST likely (another part of a read)

If his read were simply "he is bluffing", then I would think that THAT was more of a problem than what he put as his read, which was a range of hands.

jw

PS I really like the "re-raise to 350 line"

I dont think that 150-200 is enough and anymore, you will be tough pressed to bail if you need to. Perhaps 300 would have been enough as well, but 350 I like a lot.
Old 11-19-2004, 03:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Not quite boogy...

This IS indeed a read. When 'reading' a player you are trying to put him on a range of hands, and that is what he did.

In fact, he even metnioned the possibility that he felt was LEAST likely (another part of a read)

If his read were simply "he is bluffing", then I would think that THAT was more of a problem than what he put as his read, which was a range of hands.

jw

[/ QUOTE ]

my point was his read initially didnt narrow the range of hands from the infinite, so it was basically worth nothing