Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-08-2005, 08:45 PM

Default Re: Flopping 2 pair out of the blinds and going to war

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I am not certain what the correct line here is at all. I was just saying what I did. Realistically, we're only behind 77 right ?(although 44 or 55 are possible, they are much less likely given our holding).

[/ QUOTE ]

77 is probably the most likely TAG holding that you are behind (limped 2nd in from EP) unless the table is a family-potfest.

Then you would have to give more credit to 33, 44 and 56(4 suited combos), but you would also have to give more credit to TT-88 as some TAGs would only limp those and play them for set value.

33 and 44 seem unlikely, but there are 2 combos, where there is only one combo of A7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Like so many of the situations we end up discussing, I think it's close.

[/ QUOTE ]

No TAG is going to play 56 from EP - so forget those.
Old 10-08-2005, 09:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I've played 65s from EP, particularly on 2/4 & below. Not normally, but I've done it & will do it again before I'm done playing poker.

Hell, I'm sure I've raised with it from EP once or twice. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 10-09-2005, 04:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I've played 65s from EP, particularly on 2/4 & below. Not normally, but I've done it & will do it again before I'm done playing poker.

Hell, I'm sure I've raised with it from EP once or twice. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey I could be wrong, but that just seems pretty awful. I'm sure you can get away from it easily after the flop when you need to, but I can't see playing 56s from EP as +EV. Call me old fashioned [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Regardless, in a decision making process where we're trying to consider where we're at in this particular hand, I just can't see it being a hand to include in a range of hands to put this villan on given his stats.