Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-07-2005, 06:40 PM

Default Re: Are these stats normal?

[ QUOTE ]
post other stats like VPIP, PFR, W$SD, postflop aggression by street. but 2500 still means that the most important comment you'll get is "sample size too small"

[/ QUOTE ]

VPIP: 24.62% this is probably high but this does reflect a lot of play at broken tables. Being used to playing big bet I had a tendency to play more hands at first and am just starting to curb that.

PFR: 6.18%
WSD: 64.91%
AF
PF: .28
Flop: 1.28
Turn: 1.26
River: 1.19

thanks
Old 09-07-2005, 08:24 PM

These are much more useful stats. If they were PL stats I would tell you your postflop aggression is kinda low. In PL I like to see at least 1.5. Other than that, they look good. I think some people would say that your Preflop aggression is too low as well for Limit. I think 25% VPIP if you play broken tables is right on the money and so is the W$SD.

Overall these are very solid numbers, but maybe a little too passive.
Old 09-07-2005, 09:44 PM

When I say "year" sometimes I mean 12 months, sometimes I mean since January. Sometimes I mention profit, sometimes I mention bankroll. It's easy to get confused.
Old 09-08-2005, 09:45 AM

Boy - you guys are a tough and rude crowd. Look at it from another point of view.

Here you are, learning a game and reading books. The PROBLEM is you have no idea if what you are doing is correct, thsu you revert to the ONLY thing that you have and that is numbers.

What is good, what is bad. Is winning 10% of your lows good? is it bad? You guys that have 40,000 hands know what is good and what is bad but for people that are pretty new to the game we (I) don't have a clue.

Is it a bad run of cards? is it normal?

Last night I played 24 hands of 20 or more using the Hutchinson Point count system. I won $$ on about 1/2 of them. I don't have a clue if that is good or bad. Perhaps in 50,000 hands I'll be better informed but now - it's all pretty random to me.
Old 09-08-2005, 10:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm sure someone could take all my stats and prove that I am a losing player by breaking it down in a certain way, but that wouldn't explain the $80,000 made this year.
How about instead you work on getting some skill rather than finding out you've had some cold cards.

[/ QUOTE ]

No one asked how much money you make, but since you feel the need to share, allow me to share that playing NL HE I make more money than you. So don't talk to me like I'm some .50-1.00 newbie who will kiss your ass because you're the "big timer" on this forum. You got the wrong guy.

[/ QUOTE ]

1. You stated in your post that you "just started playing" O8, so YOU ARE A NEWBIE at that game by your own admission.

2. You asked for feedback and got it.

3. Your reference to those stats on their own are meaningless without knowing how you play (tight/loose/too weak post-flop/etc.). Even a NLHE player should know that! (I play NLHE, too, if I tell you I only won 7/180 pots this last session, can you tell me whether I played good or bad? Hint: No.)

4. Ribbo's refernce to his earnings merely pointed out that some commonly used statistical metrics are not directly correlated to winning. The 18% VP$IP player may be a big loser while the 50% guy is a huge winner, or vice versa.

Attacking those who take the time to reply to your questions will get you a lot less good advice and perspectives in the future.

Just my unsolicited opinion.
Old 09-08-2005, 04:24 PM

as someone who has a few hundred thousand hands tracked, your scoop% is in the top 1/4...that's good

you're W$SD% is very good--top 10%

aggression varies alot among the better players

stats seem consistent with good play
Old 09-09-2005, 05:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Attacking those who take the time to reply to your questions will get you a lot less good advice and perspectives in the future.

Just my unsolicited opinion.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess what you and I consider "good advice" are different things.