Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-22-2005, 01:28 PM

Default Re: No chance of Knicks getting KG... right?

The idea that the Twolves would trade away KG to clear cap space is absurd. The whole reason teams clear cap space is to have a chance to get players like KG.
This whole premise relies on the idea that there is actually a GM in the NBA that can be outsmarted by Thomas, which is pretty tough, but if anyone can be dumber than him it would have to be McHale. Never put anything past a man dumb enough to sign Joe Smith to a secret illeagal contract. I can understand breaking rules to geta good player, but the fact that they not only were willing to pay Joe Smith the max, but were willing to break the rules to get him shows some real ineptitude. Minny might have built a team around KG if they hadn't forefitted 5 years worth of 1st round picks for that deal.
Old 11-22-2005, 02:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Pistons getting KG for Sheed and Darko seems more like it... I don't see why Minny would want to completely rebuild at this point.

Chauncey
Rip
Tay
KG
Big Ben

2-3 more championships seems about right.

[/ QUOTE ]

While not as bad as the Knicks trade this is still an unconscionably dumb trade for the Wolves.

If the Wolves traded KG for anything less than another top-5 caliber player they might as well fold the franchise.
Old 11-22-2005, 02:26 PM

From the article:

"Both team executives denied there was any truth to talk that made its way around the league over the weekend that the Detroit Pistons were willing to ship a package including Rasheed Wallace and Darko Milicic to Minnesota for Garnett."

No [censored] Dumars is willing to give up those two for KG, what a surprise.

Here's what I picture:

Joe: "Hey Kevin, I just wanted to let you know that if you were thinking about moving KG as part of a rebuilding project we'd probably be willing to give you Rasheed and Darko. Darko is still gonna be a force in this league and Rasheed can help you ease the transition."

McHale: "Oh thanks Joe, good to know. I'll a... keep that in mind."

Joe: "Hey Kev, don't tell anybody about this."

McHale: "Sure Joe, no problem."

Click