Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-03-2005, 11:17 PM

Default Re: Turn Line

Use your positional advantage and bet the turn. I'd probably take a free showdown on the river if offered.
Old 08-03-2005, 11:24 PM

Default Re: Very Similar Hand

[ QUOTE ]
Again, I'm with the same fish. So I guess that's an argument for betting. They routinely limp bad hands, so the board is not overly relevant. How does that section apply to this hand or the previous hand if at all? They are referring to hands with very few redraw outs on the flop, i.e. pp's.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
Hero calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (5 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, MP1 checks.

Turn: (2.50 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>

River: (2.50 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>

Final Pot: 2.50 BB

[/ QUOTE ]

Since they are so passive, bet the turn. If you get raised, it's an easy muck. If they call, you're probably getting value out of it more times than you're getting beat up by a quiet flush.
Old 08-04-2005, 02:05 AM

Grunch

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...

This is a toughie. On the one hand we want to protect our hand in a raised pot. On the other hand there's a high probability we'll be outdrawn and we may end up with a bigger edge on the river...

I'm going to say that BECAUSE we may get outdrawn in this raised pot, we should bet the turn. to try and protect our hand. lets see what you kids said.
Old 08-04-2005, 02:12 AM

Default Re: Very Similar Hand

[ QUOTE ]
Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 9, 8.
Hero calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, 4 folds, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (5 SB) A, 6, 8 (5 players)

Turn: (2.50 BB) 3 (5 players)

River: (2.50 BB) Q (5 players)

Final Pot: 2.50 BB

[/ QUOTE ]

Discussion

I think that a key difference between this hand and the 1st hand posted is that the first one is raised, and this one isn't. Whereas it's worth investing a bet in the first hand to protect our hand in a raised pot, you can forego your edge in micro limits in the second hand with all those draws out there. Thoughts?
Old 08-04-2005, 08:56 AM

When everybody checks to you again and you make a pair, go ahead and bet.
There aren't alot of worse hands that will call a riverbet, so checking through would be my line.
Old 08-04-2005, 09:11 AM

I'd bet the turn here. No reason to think anyone connected with that flop.
Whether or not to value bet the river would be a bit of a tougher decision for me if everyone called on the turn though, although I couldn't imagine the T improving anyone. I wouldn't think anyone would call with a worse hand than mine. But maybe they would, and I don't think anyone has a better hand. I'd probably just check behind, telling myself, "No one would call with a better hand."

*edit - I'm also betting the turn in hand 2. The flush draw doesn't worry me with no bets on the flop.
Old 08-04-2005, 09:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
But if I bet the turn, will they call the river bet with weak hands?

[/ QUOTE ]

Will it matter? You've already collected money from them on the turn. If they call a second time, it's icing on the cake.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is an excellent point. I was just about to advocate checking the turn until I read this, so thanks, Aaron.

I think you're ahead on the turn, so even though there are many bad cards that come on the river, getting a Ax, KJ, etc to fold to your bet now is great. And if they call your bet that's not too bad either.