Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-19-2005, 05:51 PM

Default Re: Negreanu challenges\' chip values?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Daniel keeps another rack on the side with red, green, and blacks for tipping during the match.

[/ QUOTE ]

haha, oh man, blacks for tips. what a pimp.

[/ QUOTE ]

Would you expect any less, he's playing heads up for $500,000.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually I would expect a lot less, because thats just a pretty outrageous sum to tip, IMO

Although, it is in the poker room where he is the ambassador, so I would expect him to be quite generous to them, in addition to him being a seemingly nice guy and generous person.
Old 07-19-2005, 05:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Daniel keeps another rack on the side with red, green, and blacks for tipping during the match.

[/ QUOTE ]

haha, oh man, blacks for tips. what a pimp.

[/ QUOTE ]

Would you expect any less, he's playing heads up for $500,000.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually I would expect a lot less, because thats just a pretty outrageous sum to tip, IMO

[/ QUOTE ]

no sh*t. sammy farha sure as hell wouldn't tip blacks, no matter how much he was playing for.

anyone else hear about that huge pot farha won at bellagio - around $30k according to stories - and he tipped the dealer... a $50 i think? it wasn't much.
anyway, he beat AA with 73 suited.
Old 07-19-2005, 06:06 PM

So he won a big pot, why does that mean he should tip some rediculous amount. I think any dealer should be happy with a $50 tip considering its the same job whether he/she is dealing a huge game or a small game.
Old 07-19-2005, 06:10 PM

You said he cracked AA with 73, what does the dealer have to do with it? The dealer just turns the cards over, thats it. If people should tip a dealer more because they put a bad beat on someone, then on the flip side dealer abuse should be perfectly acceptable.
Old 07-19-2005, 06:14 PM

negreanu usually tips a dealer 25 dollars everytime the dealer is finished with his 30 minute shift, and cocktail waitresses around 5 dollars a drink. never saw the blacks for a tip.

i heard negreanu is also bankrolled 5m for these tournaments from the wynn. anyone know if that's correct?
Old 07-19-2005, 06:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You said he cracked AA with 73, what does the dealer have to do with it? The dealer just turns the cards over, thats it. If people should tip a dealer more because they put a bad beat on someone, then on the flip side dealer abuse should be perfectly acceptable.

[/ QUOTE ]

jesus christ dude, take a frickin midol. i wasn't taking a stance either way. i was just repeating a story i heard at bellagio, to prove the point that sammy farha is relatively cheaper than daniel N

it seems fairly obvious you have a history of problems with dealers...

oh and by the way, you don't have to reply to the same post twice, you can go back and edit. for future reference.

at least now i know where you got your handle
Old 07-19-2005, 06:42 PM

there is a video from cardplayer.com when they interview Daniel at the Wynn. he is unloading his chip trays. there are white 5k's and yellow 1k's. this was in the WSOP coverage videos so u can go find them there if you want to see it.
Old 07-19-2005, 07:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
For the $500k matches they usually use yellows(1k), whites(5k), and browns(25k).
I've seen them use only yellows for some of the smaller matches though($200k)

[/ QUOTE ]

I've noticed that Barry doesnt' have that rack(of tipping chips). I mean, I odn't really know him but from what I do know I would think he would at least be a normal tipper. What does he do?
Old 07-19-2005, 07:40 PM

I didn't mean to come off like I was berating you. I just get annoyed with all the retards that I happen to play with who say to me that I don't tip enough. I actually used to deal a couple of home games when I was in school.
Old 07-19-2005, 07:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
negreanu usually tips a dealer 25 dollars everytime the dealer is finished with his 30 minute shift, and cocktail waitresses around 5 dollars a drink. never saw the blacks for a tip.

i heard negreanu is also bankrolled 5m for these tournaments from the wynn. anyone know if that's correct?

[/ QUOTE ]

it is 100% incorrect as Daniel has said (even on here) many many times.