Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-22-2004, 02:35 PM

Default Re: I want Proof!

In 100 days, right?

Despite being a "a very succesful player," I think it will take me a bit longer than this. I'm shooting for 150.
Old 01-22-2004, 02:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Some players need inspiration!

[/ QUOTE ]

You probably need to post some hands and learn how to play. Just telling you that players here make money, isn't going to turn you into a winning player.

[ QUOTE ]
I need proof that playing poker can be another source of some cash!!

[/ QUOTE ]

How would we 'prove' it to you? Do you want the login to my online checking account so you can see the transactions and balance?

I just don't get these posts. What help could showing stats possibly do?

Peace,
Joe Tall
Old 01-22-2004, 03:01 PM

It's real easy. Read some posts, make some posts and apply what you learn from them. A few months later look at your results and see if you are doing any better. The best proof is from you own results.

Most of us were mediocre at best (I sucked) when we 1st came to this forum. In fact, I am embarassed by some of my early posts.

Since you live in Boston, you could also come down to Foxwoods this weekend and sit across from some of the 2+2'ers (I'll be there playing 10/20 or 20/40) that frequent the place see if you think we have a clue.
Old 01-22-2004, 03:14 PM

okay you guys take me the wrong way. And I play at foxwoods all the time, there I do fine, and I do have profitable results, but I dont Online, that is where my main concern is, I would just like some examples of what people have made playing online.

I regularly do well at 4-8 at foxwoods, I dont generally play higher yet. And I have been playing Poker for about two and a half years, So I know I am doing alright, just not online.
Old 01-22-2004, 03:20 PM

why would you come to a websight that gives free poker advise where the goal is to share knowledge and become a better player and demand PROOF that everyone knows what they are talking about? i know a bit. i also know that if i post something that is wrong ill be corrected and learn from it. shame on you. this forum doesnt need you. you need this forum.
Old 01-22-2004, 03:26 PM

You must be reading a different forum than I am. There are lots of people here who don't know what they are talking about and definitely are not very successful. You really should be able to tell the difference by reading some posts.

As for proof of my personal success, sorry, no chance.
Old 01-22-2004, 03:34 PM

I have adopted your goal of 37 Million in 100 days, but I had to convert it into Canadian dollars which is about 50 million or so.

I would have been there by now, but every time I really get close, I make the mistake of playing after I stumble home, drunk from my neighbor's weekend parties, and knock my BR down to 50 bucks.
Old 01-22-2004, 03:37 PM

I would have been there by now, but every time I really get close, I make the mistake of playing after I stumble home, drunk from my neighbor's weekend parties, and knock my BR down to 50 bucks.

If you were almost there but got knocked down to $50, all I can say is that must have been one hell of a party.
Old 01-22-2004, 03:39 PM

I regularly do well at 4-8 at foxwoods, I dont generally play higher yet. And I have been playing Poker for about two and a half years, So I know I am doing alright, just not online.

Online games generally play tougher than their B&M counterparts. Sometimes much tougher.
Old 01-22-2004, 03:39 PM

I need proof that playing poker can be another source of some cash!!

I'd like to think I would have found something better to do with my time other than reading and posting on this forum for almost 2 years were this not the case.