Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-25-2005, 03:27 PM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)
Default Re: This hand has people talking

well fisrt of all there aren't many 3 outers that will call. secondly, often a 3 outer will be a 2 outer (for instance someone holds a non-heart K). then, you have a redraw, so implied odds are minimalized. you also don't usually have the best hand considering someone bet into 3 people and a PFR is behind you. so if you protect, it'll sometimes bee the flop bettor's hand, sometimes the PFR's hand, aand only sometimes you hand, which has 11 outs to an almost certain win.
Old 09-25-2005, 03:27 PM

it's that bad that i fold preflop?

i don't always cap when it's 3 back on the flop, but i otherwise would play it the same postflop.
Old 09-25-2005, 03:29 PM

preflop I just like calling. At 3/6 you prolyl arent getting the button or folding the blinds, so I just like seeing the flop for one bet.

Post flop you played it [censored] perfect. A flop raise has merits, and its been my experience that 3/6 donk bets are lots of various sutpid hands, not just a Q or set, andthe pot is big enough that retardo hands that will call for 1 betlike J9 might now fold. However they only have like 4 outs against you, and I think with your huge equity you are prolly much better served by doing what you did, which is call, and then raise when it comes back to you then getting them to fold (I have no math to support this, just intuition)

turn and river are duh

nh
Old 09-25-2005, 03:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
it's that bad that i fold preflop?

[/ QUOTE ]

at 3/6 I think its a pretty easy overlimp, others will come and it often isnt going to be raised behind you
Old 09-25-2005, 03:32 PM

ok i'm convinced. thanks.
Old 09-25-2005, 03:52 PM

I fold this pf as well. I'd have to have a specific read to make me want to limp it.
Old 09-25-2005, 05:47 PM

Not raising the flop is awful:

1. You have MPTK on a somewhat difficult board to hit. There are flush and straight draws on board. I don't buy Dids's argument that the donk bet is usually at least a queen. The chance of having the best hand is decent.

2. Nothing very special happened but the final pot reached 17 BB. I have very little sympathy for helping people with a few outs stay in this pot.

3. You have 14 outs to aces up or better plus a possible best hand. Your pot equity is well over 50%. Compared with a typical 9-out flush draw the immediate value equation is much more favorable for raising as opposed to playing for overcalls.

4. The chance that CO has pocket second pair is fairly large. If you call he is unlikely to fold. If you raise there is a fair chance he will fold, especially if his pair is only intermediate. Remember, no reads were provided. Probably half the players in this game are reasonable players (TAG, tight/passive, etc.). Not everyone is always willing to call multiple bets to draw to two outs. Missing a chance to fold a better hand in a big pot is one of the worst mistakes you can make.
Old 09-25-2005, 05:50 PM

I love how you played this, especially with the initial flop call. You really don't want to drive out the players who have yet to put in a bet, and you don't want to be taking control and committing to showdown with a pair of fours when the pot becomes HU. The flat call allows CO to raise here with a variety of holdings, allowing us to 3-bet (or cap if UTG 3-bets). Luckily we get that opportunity despite CO's flop call.The rest plays itself out.
Old 09-25-2005, 06:13 PM

preflop...IMO both calling and raising are fine.

flop....the likelyhood that your 4 is good is very small IMO. I like the way you played it, especially the way you pinged another 4 on the turn.
Old 09-25-2005, 06:39 PM

preflop either/or. Probably call more often than raise w/ a UTG limper.

Flop. I raise...but I dont mind it as it turned out.

Stellarwind touched on a lot of points I was thinking about mentioning.