Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-20-2002, 06:12 AM

Default Re: Americas Cardroom promo bucks

thanks, bob

that is a bad accidental omission from their small print

sometimes it's hard to see how these things could be overlooked by the site's promoters

Old 04-20-2002, 08:08 AM

My understanding was as yours, and I did manage to play the required number of hands. So either Torsteyn had it wrong when he explained it to you, or I have been playing (or seeing the flop) more then I thought....

Gatlif

Old 04-21-2002, 12:48 AM

Their definition that requires seeing the flop is a surprise to me. I held the same impression as you did. They really should have clarified this point. It seems unfair of them to have such an onerous definition given their unclear description.

Given their reputation for treating customers fairly, I imagine they might resolve this situation fairly.

Also, on a completely different but unrelated point, I have been unable to log on to ACR for the last two days because their autoupdate of the software does not appear to work for me. I even tried downloading the entire software again to no avail. Anyone else have this problem?

Old 04-21-2002, 06:04 AM

As asked by the players, ACR has now added a description of what seeing the rake means for them...

2. $25 Promo Bucks is first prize - this is credited to your playing account immediately and you may start playing with it, however before withdrawing any money from your account you must have made a deposit to your account (min $5). You are then able to withdraw any winnings you have made with your promo bucks, however your initial promo buck credit requires 200 raked hands before withdrawing - please note that both heads up tables and our micro limit games (.25/.50) do not count towards raked games played. A raked hand is a hand that is raked and you have seen the flop in (the 3 board cards) before you have folded your hand.

As for the not being able to logon, I have no idea. I have had no problems or heard of any like this. You might want to give them a call and get some help that way.

LLAMA