Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-24-2005, 12:09 PM

Default Re: I HATE making this laydown

I think I would call this down. I think he could be making a play with a worse Ace here. That might be a big leak of mine though.
Old 08-24-2005, 12:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Getting 15-1 i think I would just call. He cant have J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]T or AJ [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] one in 15 times? or some Qj [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Reading the hand is tech. I suggest you do it.
Old 08-24-2005, 12:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Getting 15-1 i think I would just call. He cant have J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]T or AJ [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] one in 15 times? or some Qj [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Reading the hand is tech. I suggest you do it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he means those hands have 1 diamond in them, not two as I think you are implying (and a bit snotilly I might add)

Anyway, to the OP, I hate making this laydown as well, but I really cant see you being good here, not even with the odds you are getting from the pot, so I think its a good fold.
Old 08-24-2005, 12:37 PM

Wow, you guys have some control. I dont think I could do this but I sure would love to [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]. Curiousity sometimes gets the better of me.

I do think it is a good fold though
Old 08-24-2005, 12:39 PM

I want to reiterate that I don't think this is a good fold. Villian could have J9s,T9s,JTs. That's it. AQ is a 3-bet. Everything else we beat or tie. You really have to include the donk-factor into these hands. If we include even 1 donk hand I think this turns to a call. There is always at least one donk hand.

Krishan
Old 08-24-2005, 12:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I want to reiterate that I don't think this is a good fold. Villian could have J9s,T9s,JTs. That's it. AQ is a 3-bet. Everything else we beat or tie. You really have to include the donk-factor into these hands. If we include even 1 donk hand I think this turns to a call. There is always at least one donk hand.

Krishan

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with you, the pot is just too big.
Old 08-24-2005, 12:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Krishan

[/ QUOTE ]

If the read wasnt that the guy is "very solid" then I would agree with you that a call is in order. But what do you think he puts you on? Its obviously at the least a big ace , and unless he has a really really good read on you that you are capable of laying down a big A, then I dont think any solid intelligent player is trying to bluff you (And some moron) off this hand with an A whos kicker doesnt play, or some single diamond.
Old 08-24-2005, 12:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Krishan

[/ QUOTE ]

If the read wasnt that the guy is "very solid" then I would agree with you that a call is in order. But what do you think he puts you on? Its obviously at the least a big ace , and unless he has a really really good read on you that you are capable of laying down a big A, then I dont think any solid intelligent player is trying to bluff you of this hand with an A whos kicker doesnt play, or some single diamond.

[/ QUOTE ]

It could be a protected pot bluff with a weaker ace thinking his kicker got counterfeit and you might be willing to fold your ace. (Really damn rare play I know) Not many kickers play on this board so maybe he thinks the two of you are just fleecing the third player. And finally, the OP said thus far implying in my mind there is some doubt to the read, AKA under 100 hands.

Krishan
Old 08-24-2005, 12:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
15 BB in the pot? no way am i folding this ever,
folding when you are right saves you one measly bet,folding when you are wrong is a disaster,

[/ QUOTE ]

this is so untrue
Old 08-24-2005, 12:55 PM

I know you hate it, but some things in poker must be done. This being one of them.