Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-27-2005, 02:20 AM

Default Re: The New Bruce Springsteen Album

I'm even more excited for the two tours. First just Bruce and a few E Streeters, then a full on Bruce/E Street World tour to follow.

I haven't heard the new stuff yet, but if it is indeed in the Nebraska/GOTJ vein then it will be amazing to hear the E Street arrangements for these songs live. Atlantic City/Youngstown on the 99 tour were the most rocking thing ever made. So people like you who don't like E Street get their thing with the first tour, people who do get theirs.. and I get two tours I want to see.

Now if he'd just break out Blinded By the Light live again.. I really want to hear them do it in person. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 04-27-2005, 03:20 AM

haven't heard it yet...my favorite Springsteen albums remain Darkness, Nebraska and Tunnel of Love...looking forward to hearing the new one.
Old 04-27-2005, 03:31 AM

This album is an A+. There isn't a song I don't like on it. This is coming from a huge fan who has loved nearly every one of his albums as a whole (though not nearly every one of his individual songs).

I got it for $12 after tax at best buy. It is a dual-disc format, which means that one side is CD and the other side is DVD. The CD side is just the album. The DVD side is some video of five of the songs, and the full album in Dolby Digital Surround. It's easily worth a buy with all of the lyrics in the liner.

I have a pair of tickets for the Cleveland show which I got through a broker for $100 for the pair ($150 face + service charges). I hadn't heard about a full E Street tour to follow this acoustic tour.

Seen him three times now, one time standing just three deep from the stage on the Rising tour, and every one of those shows makes my live concert top ten list (and I've seen a crapload of live shows).
Old 04-27-2005, 04:05 AM

I downloaded a bunch of his from my friends computer onto my Mp3 player. He sucks balls.
Old 04-27-2005, 04:52 AM

Just listened to it earlier tonight for the first time. I thought it was good, but it seemed a bit to me like the Boss is trying to be Bob Dylan again, and it's just not happening. He's just not that strong of a lyricist in my opinion, and his Nebraska/Tom Joad/current phases just don't do it for me as much.
Old 04-27-2005, 05:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Just listened to it earlier tonight for the first time. I thought it was good, but it seemed a bit to me like the Boss is trying to be Bob Dylan again, and it's just not happening. He's just not that strong of a lyricist in my opinion, and his Nebraska/Tom Joad/current phases just don't do it for me as much.

[/ QUOTE ]

Again?
Old 04-28-2005, 01:59 AM

Bought it earlier today, listened to about the first 5 tracks on the way to/from work, I really like it so far. Definately worth picking up for $11 @ bestbuy.
Old 04-28-2005, 02:05 AM

surprised it ain't getting more press and attention from 2+2ers for track 3 - going to visit a prostitute -

'"Two hundred dollars straight in,
Two-fifty up the ass," she smiled and said"

that alone should prompt a thread with about 100 comments about various bits of crap/nonsense -

RB
Old 04-28-2005, 02:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
She bought me another whisky
Said "here's to the best you ever had"
We laughed and made a toast
It wasn't the best I ever had
Not even close

[/ QUOTE ]

I love it.