Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-02-2005, 11:26 AM

Default Re: Why am I losing?

PFR seems a little low, an extra 2-3 points would be cool. For the most part those just look like you're making a lot of strong second bests, but I'd post some hands to be sure. I know the last 15k hands looked exactly like that for me except with a much uglier bb/100.
Old 08-02-2005, 12:26 PM

You've played for awhile and lost 3500??? Don't worry about it. It could be worse. A lot worse. Frankly, you should be more worried about how you are taking losing, instead of the fact that you are losing. It may be why you are losing.
Old 08-02-2005, 12:34 PM

Your aggression factor numbers are a tad low, especially given that these games are often short. That can also happen when you run bad over a small sample size and get a bit gun shy. It is gonna be tough to beat any game with w$SD that low also.
Old 08-02-2005, 01:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You've played for awhile and lost 3500??? Don't worry about it. It could be worse. A lot worse. Frankly, you should be more worried about how you are taking losing, instead of the fact that you are losing. It may be why you are losing.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't take it well. Thus, my post. It seems my confidence levels are nearly 100% correlated with results. This is definitely my biggest problem as a player. Nonetheless, even when I am losing, I know that I am better than most of these fish that I see in these games.
Old 08-02-2005, 01:29 PM

Normal W$SD should be close to 55%, does that sound right? Mine is just above 50, which I think shows I am calling river bets far too often.
Old 08-02-2005, 01:34 PM

its only 13k hands, thats like ten days of 4-tabling for some people. you are not even on the edges of normal variance for a good player in these games. calm down.
Old 08-02-2005, 02:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
its only 13k hands, thats like ten days of 4-tabling for some people. you are not even on the edges of normal variance for a good player in these games. calm down.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. I just don't want to delude myself into thinking I am a winning player in this game. I go through this same thing every time I move up, but I just can't help it.
Old 08-02-2005, 02:23 PM

When you're losing, maybe you're not as good as the fish in these games. Something might be changing the way you play; losing gives way to more losing than it should.

Then again, I wish my running bad streaks were as mild as this. 90 bets?!? That's a joke, man. I've had two streaks this year alone that would make you really sick. You just have to keep your head up or find another line of work.
Old 08-02-2005, 02:30 PM

No one's metioned it yet, but whenever my fold Preflop goes below 80% I know I'm playing too loose. I always try to play 10 handed so maybe that's the difference. Anyway, that's my 2 cents. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 08-02-2005, 03:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
When you're losing, maybe you're not as good as the fish in these games. Something might be changing the way you play; losing gives way to more losing than it should.

Then again, I wish my running bad streaks were as mild as this. 90 bets?!? That's a joke, man. I've had two streaks this year alone that would make you really sick. You just have to keep your head up or find another line of work.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fair enough.