Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-03-2005, 10:14 PM

Default Re: Coral to leave Party Gaming / Skins

Surprised this is already <almost> on the third page back with only 9 replies.

I'm not sure how much business Euro brings the 'skins but I would guess it would be around 35%.

Does this pretty much seal the fate of the 'skins? Perhaps Empire should sell now while they still have buyer interest and some value.

The landscape of online poker is in the midst of some major changes and this won't be the only one. Bonuses are going to be rarer and less valuable and legalized rakeback is going to be hard to come by as well, especially at the larger sites.

However, the sky is far from falling. It seems that several major sites are going to be putting forth a VIP program which rewards players for playing on their site.

Also, the games themselves are going to continue to be profitable and quite possibly will be even moreso than they were before.

I would guess that as we move on the larger sites will get larger and the smaller sites will get smaller (relative to each other). I expect to see the middle class get smaller simply due to the nature of this business and some of the coinciding events that are taking place.
Old 11-04-2005, 02:52 AM

I wonder how much Gus Hansen lost on this venture?

I dont see any mention of the terms of the deal.
Old 11-04-2005, 03:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I wonder how much Gus Hansen lost on this venture?

I dont see any mention of the terms of the deal.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hear Gus got most of he shares in pokerchamps for nothing and made $4 million out of it..I also hear he was big on selling to betfair , because he need the money to get back into the game at the WSOP, but the deal took a long time to do

EuroBet will buy somebody outright..maybe Tribeca
Old 11-04-2005, 03:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]

“It has always been Betfair’s strategy to own and operate our own software for all our core products,” said Steve Ives, Director of Betfair Games. “As a technology-driven betting company it is part of our natural evolution to examine ways of how we can continue offering our customers that little bit more distinction.”

“We are pursuing ways to do this and will be ready to proceed when the current contract expires. I’d like to thank WagerLogic for its pivotal contribution to Betfair Poker and we look forward to working closely with them in the coming months.”

[/ QUOTE ]

If you delete the first part and read the 2nd , it sound some much diff
Old 11-04-2005, 03:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
EuroBet will buy somebody outright..maybe Tribeca

[/ QUOTE ]
good for Gus hope thats true-sounds a little high thu

that would be a smart deal. Tribeca has very good software. I've played on Golden Palace for last few years and also DoylesRoom.

I guess all prior rakeback deals with eurobet would vanish regretably. It would be sweet if EB bought out VC/GP and maintianed current rakeback agreements with affiliates. The problem would be thu that VC/GP is a fairly small room as you know with some of the sickest/best games online...having a bunch of EuroBet rakeback sharks invade Tribeca will kill the games imo...Tribeca just isnt big enough to fade that.

And also do you think Golden Palace will just stand idly by as Gala buys out their Network. Golden Palace may not be keen on that. Golden Palace has been sitting on their hands ie poker for years..they could buy out Tribeca or Vic Chandler could do the same. Not sure which room has the most leverage withn the Tribeca network. I know VC was the intitial room that drove traffic then Golden Palace joined up after that..then they added dozens of skins.
Old 11-04-2005, 04:41 AM

Coral/Gala is now $4 Billion USD..if Golden Palace walk. where are they going to go, to another network and be a skin, same thing..Golden Palace has the money to buy Tribece, they would make a offer

Skins are dead, i would never play at a skin from this day on, to much risk..just look what party did to empire
Old 11-04-2005, 04:47 AM

Gala

holy crap bingo is big money in the UK
Old 11-04-2005, 06:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Gala

holy crap bingo is big money in the UK

[/ QUOTE ]

For some reason - that statement made me chuckle...

Bingo is big business...Hence the PartyBingo idea...??

I think post-xmas, when the dust is beginning to settle there will be a new line-up on the poker front....A lot of them are changing their strategies re. the Party Split etc...and it can only benefit us players....
Old 11-04-2005, 02:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Crypto the place Betfair just left to go to pokerchamps

[/ QUOTE ]

No, Betfair bought Pokerchamps but will stay at crypto according to contracts...
Old 11-04-2005, 10:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
No, Betfair bought Pokerchamps but will stay at crypto according to contracts...

[/ QUOTE ]

Betfair will stay on the crypto network, until they can successfully integrate their pokerchamps (and its software development company) acquisition. It is Betfair's stated policy, and confirmed by Crypto, that Betfair intends to move to their own system.

The latest contract extension between Betfair and Crypto was until June 2006.