Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-05-2005, 02:14 AM

Default Re: AA - monochrome flop

[ QUOTE ]
Scuba said:
AA, I was thinking that his turn bet seemed a little heavy. I mean, if you had the flush here, wouldn't you want some action?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not if he didnt have the Ace of clubs, and thinking you might have AK since you raised 4BB preflop.

my view is dont slowplay if you don't have the nuts.

Lost my stack when i flopped a set of aces on rainbow flop. i slow played since no flush threat, not realizing that someone could have been on a straight draw.
Old 06-05-2005, 02:14 AM

I see your point. But if you let him see the turn and he leads out again with a good sized bet, it's a tough spot to push.
Old 06-05-2005, 02:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Scuba said:
AA, I was thinking that his turn bet seemed a little heavy. I mean, if you had the flush here, wouldn't you want some action?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not if he didnt have the Ace of clubs, and thinking you might be drawing with it since you raised 4BB preflop.

my view is dont slowplay if you don't have the nuts.

Lost my stack when i flopped a set of aces on rainbow flop. i slow played since no flush threat, not realizing that someone could have been on a straight draw.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think we've all learned a lesson like that. Here's the deal, how scared should I be in general on the turn, with a three suited flop? Let's say I knew I was ahead here, but villain had one club. Frankly, I think about these scenarios a lot. I usually fold a lot of hands here, but maybe this is a mistake.

BTW, IF there was more than one player in this pot, I'd be out FAST.

Scuba
Old 06-05-2005, 02:30 AM

you have no reads on him, the board is scary, you dont have a club, he check raised on the flop, and yet you are confident that he doesnt have a made flush just because he bet out 40% pot on the turn?

so confident that you're willing to risk your whole tourny at lvl1 by RAISING all-in?!?

you are a better player than I am [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

(well, with my current streak, i guess anyone is better than me, but you know what i mean... [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] )
Old 06-05-2005, 02:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I've been agonizing over this play for an hour. I think I move in after the flop and if he's got it, he's got it.

[/ QUOTE ]

The one reason I don't care for this move generally is because seeing just that one more card not being a club is mentally reassuring IF I plan to move in on the turn. Furthermore, it's a little more psychological for villain if he now knows he only has one chance to complete his flush.

[/ QUOTE ]
One of the factors on why I call here (which I almost never do) is that if you reraise all in you're going to still get called by the flush but probably push out the A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. By just calling here, you induce a hand like AJ to bet out strong on the turn trying to protect his hand.
Old 06-05-2005, 02:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
you have no reads on him, the board is scary, he check raised on the flop, and yet you are confident that he doesnt have a made flush just because he bet out 40% pot on the turn? so confident that you're willing to risk your whole tourny at lvl1 by raising all-in?!?

you are a better player than I am [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

(well, with my current streak, i guess anyone is better than me, but you know what i mean... [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] )

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, good point. But ultimately here's where I'm going with this. Villain didn't even have one club. Now how often am I passing up on good hands here?

<font color="white"> Results in white in OP </font>
Old 06-05-2005, 02:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I've been agonizing over this play for an hour. I think I move in after the flop and if he's got it, he's got it.

[/ QUOTE ]

The one reason I don't care for this move generally is because seeing just that one more card not being a club is mentally reassuring IF I plan to move in on the turn. Furthermore, it's a little more psychological for villain if he now knows he only has one chance to complete his flush.

[/ QUOTE ]
One of the factors on why I call here (which I almost never do) is that if you reraise all in you're going to still get called by the flush but probably push out the A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. By just calling here, you induce a hand like AJ to bet out strong on the turn trying to protect his hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, villain had K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Old 06-05-2005, 02:37 AM

I bet the pot everytime and if he raises me I move in. Nothing would stop me from getting all my money in unless another club came or possibly a jack.
Old 06-05-2005, 02:44 AM

isnt it the normal line to slow play a flopped flush, and check raise???

What in the world makes you SOOOOOO confident that he doesnt have a flush if he check raises that you're willing to risk all at lvl1 vs waiting for a better situation later on???
Old 06-05-2005, 02:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, but your leaving yourself with a tough decision if he leads out with a good bet on the turn. He's told you twice that he has a flush and is trying to avoid a drawout.

I agree, though, if you are committed to staying with the hand no matter what, a call on the flop is right.