Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-11-2005, 05:08 PM

Default Re: how do you guys deal with this crap

i live to serve.
Old 08-11-2005, 05:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you keep typing /endlife and it makes u feel better. holla

[/ QUOTE ]
lol, i'll have to try this sometime

to the OP- just imagine the [censored] that you'll see after you've played thousands of tournaments like many of the regular posters here.
Old 08-11-2005, 05:13 PM

basically u just say thats poker and keep playing. That works until:

A. you start screaming at your monitors and/or typing rants into the chat box.

B. you start breaking [censored]

C. you start being able to predict the exact card that is going to hit to allow his 3 outer to win, without even needing to know his exact cards. (this one is kind of spooky, and makes this biology/physics guy start to question his understanding of how things work.)

when A, B or C start happening I take a minumum of 2 to 3 days off, until I know longer expect to be beat everytime I'm ahead.

Steve
Old 08-11-2005, 05:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
basically u just say thats poker and keep playing. That works until:

A. you start screaming at your monitors and/or typing rants into the chat box.

B. you start breaking [censored]

C. you start being able to predict the exact card that is going to hit to allow his 3 outer to win, without even needing to know his exact cards. (this one is kind of spooky, and makes this biology/physics guy start to question his understanding of how things work.)

when A, B or C start happening I take a minumum of 2 to 3 days off, until I know longer expect to be beat everytime I'm ahead.

Steve

[/ QUOTE ]

it only works for old dinosaurs. i prefer to punch walls and listen to people talk about how good they are. holla
Old 08-11-2005, 05:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i dont mean to be telling bad beat stories but my run in the past couple of days has been horrible and i think i might be on perma-tilt

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a donkey tilt problem. I suppose there are a bunch of ways to deal with a bad beat but typically I just IM a poker playing friend (often our mild mannered moderator) with the hand history and some illuminating comment on my part like "wtf?" "pwned" "what was he calling off his stack for with K8o and a short stack?" and the always helpful "ugh" Their half of the conversation goes "eww" or "sucks" and that's that. Fire up a new SnG and move on.

In a somewhat more helpful vein I have started writing down all the bad beats I put on people. Over an active day of 40-60 SnGs you will be amazed the number of suckouts you have. Every time I take a bad beat I just look at that list and remember that it runs both ways.
Old 08-11-2005, 05:28 PM

pft, it does so not run both ways.
liar.

don't get the guy's hopes up.
Old 08-11-2005, 05:32 PM

where do I get one of those...
Old 08-11-2005, 06:12 PM

Done it all.

Don't punch and rant so much. I usually just let out a very loud, quick curse. "Puta" is my fave, but "f*ck" and "damn it" can be heard a couple of blocks away from time to time.

I just think it's habit. Playing poker has kind of replaced my playing madden on xbox, where I really used to let the all-madden AI have it. I might let out a "puta" during a bad session, but I curse every minute I play madden.
Old 08-11-2005, 07:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Done it all.

Don't punch and rant so much. I usually just let out a very loud, quick curse. "Puta" is my fave, but "f*ck" and "damn it" can be heard a couple of blocks away from time to time.

I just think it's habit. Playing poker has kind of replaced my playing madden on xbox, where I really used to let the all-madden AI have it. I might let out a "puta" during a bad session, but I curse every minute I play madden.

[/ QUOTE ]

wait wait.. isnt 06 out today or tomorrow or something?? holla
Old 08-11-2005, 07:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Done it all.

[/ QUOTE ]

wait wait.. isnt 06 out today or tomorrow or something?? holla

[/ QUOTE ]

Tis out.