Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-28-2005, 11:34 AM

Default Re: flush hand

i'd prefer a raise on the flop. a reraise or stop n go is pretty unlikely, so you should get to see the turn and river pretty cheaply. and i think you'll pick up the pot often.

i would make it a little more on the turn - you want the river bet to be small enough that a Q will definitely call (or a medium heart if a 4th one falls). i'd raise to 2800. you might lose a J, but i don't think a J will call the smaller raise without a decent heart for a kicker.
Old 03-28-2005, 11:56 AM

I would fold this due to the fact of the river card pairing the board plus the way he called your big turn bet leads me to believe that he has a Q for sure and could even have QJ or Q7 for that matter.

I think that this is a clear fold with your chip stack. You still have more than average after the fold.
Old 03-28-2005, 12:25 PM

Hm, QJ makes a ton of sense. He made the boat on the turn and doesn't want to scare off a flush draw/made flush. On the river, if you had the Q, then he knows his boat will beat yours (assuming you don't also have QJ) and he wants it to look like a steal attempt.

I don't think you can call here, unfortunately.
Old 03-28-2005, 03:57 PM

Default RESULTS

On the turn, I put him on Qx or a boat with a slight chance of a J and a very slight chance of something really odd like T9 or a smaller flush.

I took the line I did because I figured I would get most of his stack by raising small on the turn and then betting small on the river if the board didn't pair and I would save chips if the board did pair.

I folded the river, obviously.

I'm wondering if pushing the turn would have been better since many would call with trip Q's (or smaller flush) and I get 3400 chips risk free if he finds a way to fold his trips.

Hmmmm....

Thanks to all who replied,
Che