Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-23-2005, 05:59 PM

Default Re: The classic battle: Marijuana should it legalized?

[ QUOTE ]
Yes.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are a much better person than I thought.
Old 08-23-2005, 06:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Yes.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are a much better person than I thought.

[/ QUOTE ]

Regardless of what you people think, I am a nice guy, I am not a right winger (pretty libertarian), and I can probably beat any of you at pool.
Old 08-23-2005, 06:04 PM

Yes. Didn't use to think so, but after thinking about the hypocrisy of criminalizing pot but not things like alcohol I changed my mind.
Old 08-23-2005, 06:10 PM

Default Wow...

Is this going to be the first unanimously agreed-upon politics post?

I would not have thought so...but after jaxmike and BCPVP(who are staunchly conservative almost every time) have said yes...could it be?

I know, I know...too early to call it...and someone will screw it up just to spite me...and we haven't heard from Fish or BGC, either. But...still...wow. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 08-23-2005, 06:12 PM

Default Re: Wow...

What can I say, I have a bit of a libertarian streak... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 08-23-2005, 06:55 PM

Default Re: all replys

Yes, I to have had this descusion(sp) with people far to the right and we come to the same conclusion as many posters here have come to. So that being said why cant something be done? Wait, I remember big business is in the way. Money is the contributing(sp) factor in everything in the World we live in.

P.S. France has even worse laws the we do reguarding pot!
Old 08-23-2005, 06:56 PM

Default Re: Pot

Wonder what Bill Oreily thinks of this subject? [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]
Old 08-23-2005, 07:08 PM

Default Yes........

.......Legalizing weed will help stem the tide of TRULY dangerous drugs like crystal meth.

Keeping marijuana illegal provides drug dealers with the additional inventory to tempt people to try truly dangerous drugs. If weed is decriminalized, it will be no longer be a "gateway" drug any more than alcohol is. Bars will need to have MaryJane smoking rooms so that their patrons have the option of breathing MJ-free air.

As an additional benefit more prison space will be available to house violent offenders. I believe the average prison stay for a murderer in the USA is 7 years. The main reason is parole boards are pressured to free up prison space so as not to violate federal cruelty laws regarding prison overcrowding. Even the mass murderer Charles Manson gets parole hearings. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 08-23-2005, 08:11 PM

The fact that "huffing paint" made it onto the list should show you the futility of drug laws and enforcement. When the next craze is hitting yourself in the head with a hammer, will hammers be considered drug paraphernalia?
Old 08-23-2005, 08:30 PM

Default Re: Yes........

Since we all agree that marijuana should be legalized (and seriously, while it is amazing that everyone in this forum agreed on anything, no rational person thinks pot should be illegal), perhaps we should debate about whether hard drugs should be legal, as was suggested earlier.

I for one think they absolutely should. Any args about X drug leads to violent behavior are terrible-- alcohol isn't illegal even though drunk drivers are a menace.

Specifically, I will make an argument for hallucinogens like LSD, mushrooms, peyote, 2c-e, etc. being legal. None of those drugs have ever caused a fatal overdose that is on record. None of those drugs make people behave any more dangerously than alcohol (actually much less), and their availability will hedge against use of drugs like crack, meth, and heroin.