Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-10-2005, 11:06 AM

Default Re: Educating the fish

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Saying "brown trout", etc. in chat.

[/ QUOTE ]
Thats a problem? To anyone playing the Stars 27 Turbos, plz do tell me if I offend you by throwing out a "sup bro" if I recognize your name. Didn't know people are all cloak and dagger about posting here.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll throw out a "sup" and I often chat if it is someone I know from Atlantic trout. though I don't mention 2+2.
I have only invited a few people to visit 2+2. One was a noobie and one was a guy who was 10 tabling about a year ago.....thought he might have something to teach.....

btw....did you know that guys who are multi-tabling will fold to a big re raise.......
Old 12-10-2005, 01:02 PM

i don't really uderstand why people think this is a big deal. if the 'fish' wanted to get better, they would already have researched topics like ICM, etc. but they haven't and maybe it's because they've never heard of it, but i think that the underlying reason is because they don't care.

i propose that if i were to type "go to twoplustwo.com to learn proper sng strategy" at the beginning of every sng i played, i would never see a noticeable difference in skill level of the player pool as a whole. the reason is that acquiring knowledge and applying it are 2 very different things. many people do the former while only a few do the latter because they're indefferent, lazy, or apathetic about it.

so yeah, long way of saying it doesn't matter... but it doesn't.

and i'm not saying that i like it when people table coach or whatever. it gets on my nerves too... but not because i'm worried about the other 8 players at the table suddenly getting better and taking all my money.
Old 12-10-2005, 01:34 PM

I hate people like this
Old 12-10-2005, 01:56 PM

I don't think there's anything wrong with a sup bro. I don't often do it more to protect myself from other 2p2ers than from fish.

If someone wants to put on a clinic and teach the table how to play, well, I'm not in love with it, but I certainly don't hate them for it. And, if you can't just chat in a civil manner about your disagreement you should just STFU yourself.

Bones has hit the nail on the head here. Think about the way Joel_ was treated when he said he had a problem with the coaching on this site, and he was being very civil about it.

edit: Sorry, I didn't mean to respond to just you 11t. Just a general comment.
Old 12-10-2005, 02:11 PM

I clicked on this thread hoping for some good tips. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

I'm sure glad the posters here don't mind educating fish like me. That said, table coaches are f'n dicks.
Old 12-10-2005, 02:29 PM

I have the perfect solution. Turn the chat off. I didnt realize we were all kids here and would rather complain than take the high road...speaking of high, GET HIGH and none of this will bother you [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-10-2005, 04:47 PM

What the hell is your problem? Like did you lose all your tables where this guy was? I saw brown trout because its nice to be "friendly" once in a while to a 2p2er and say hey, but i guess im educating the fish, now when they read brown trout they are like [censored] I should push with <5BB from the button. I feel like your game probably dropped more by you getting angry than any of the players at the table would have gained.