Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-09-2004, 07:09 PM

Default Re: missing buttons on party? nvidia video card?

My first thought was a firewall problem too. I unhooked my computer from my router, but it did not help.

As to Astro's response the problem occurs on both monitors. I wanted to see if it would still happen when the NVIDA drivers do not load.
Old 03-09-2004, 07:49 PM

I have the bug with both nvidia Ti200 and ATI radeon 9600XT
Old 03-09-2004, 07:57 PM

GeForce2 MMX.

If I unclick the autopost blind button and then decide to play "one more round" the buttons don't appear. If I time out on an action the buttons sometimes disappear.

Old 03-09-2004, 08:26 PM

I most certainly have this problem and my adapter is a Geoforce 4 (nvidia compatible).

When i talk to Party's customer support every few days i usually get a different (wrong) answer. The latest one is that the problem has to do with routers and "hops" between them from my computer to Party's server. I am not a techie so may not be describing it right. Basically they are saying it isn't their problem and I need to get my ISP to come to my house and check the problem themselves.

I find this problem to be very strange. I think the dissapearing buttons are simply a result of the fact that those with the bug keep getting fewer and fewer seconds to act until you have 0 seconds to act and then the buttons are gone.

The techie at Party said there is a lag and even though you see yourself as only getting a few seconds, everyone else sees you delaying. I don't think this is the case. I have asked others at the table several times if it looks like there is a pause before i act and they say no. Furthermore, if the timers starts for me at say 6 seconds, it starts at 6 seconds for them as well. At least that is what I see when they have the arrow.
Old 03-09-2004, 11:37 PM

Default ATI 9600 Pro having problems.

I am having the problem with my ATI 9600 Pro. I see Party has a new update but haven't tried it yet because I cashed out all my funds.

Anybody still having problem with new update?
Old 03-10-2004, 04:48 AM

i have the problem and i have a NIVIDIA GeForce FX 5200.
Old 03-10-2004, 05:57 AM

No problems with NVIDIA GeForce4 Ti 4200.
Old 03-10-2004, 10:09 AM

Default A better question might be.

I have ATI 9600 and had an ATI before - never had this problem.

A better question might be Dial-Up, DSL, Cable and what provider as this may be a lag issue. Mine is Cable - Roadrunner.

Orange
Old 03-10-2004, 12:17 PM

Location: download an irc client at www.hydrairc.com (freeware not spyware), connect to irc.efnet.net, and join the channel #twoplustwo to chat live with other 2+2 posters

i hadn't given as much consideration to the net connection thing because i've never experienced the problem, but i have observed that if a window pops over one of my party windows it will occasionally white it out or leave marks on it. the only way to correct this is to drag a window over the affected area and then remove it, and that led me to believe it could be a graphical issue.

has anyone else tried connecting directly to their dsl bridge and skipping the router? what is the make/model of the equipment you're using for that?
Old 03-10-2004, 12:27 PM

Mine is routed through a motorola surfboard cable modem and then through a Microsoft Wireless g router. Never had the button problem on the PC before the wireless router and haven't had it with the wireless router on the pc or laptop.

It would be interesting to see how many peopl with probelms hive high speed or dail up....maybe I will put a poll up.

Orange