Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-02-2005, 05:57 PM

Default Re: Negreanu openly mocks Sklansky

I stand corrected. My humble apologies. I was multi tasking and not paying attention.
Of course hi/lo has a cutoff/qualifier.
So, in your humble opinion, what was Sklansky speaking of when he said...no qualifier.?
I havent played that game either.
As far as the other post about Daniel spouting off the last couple of months...i am new so I don't know what he was like before, but I read alot of posts that say he is more impressed with himself than others are. Maybe just overwhelmed with being in the spotlight. My advise would be to tone it down a tad.
Old 05-02-2005, 06:01 PM

David was refering to the game he wrote about in the origional supersystem. The lowest hand takes the low. No 8 or lower is required.
Old 05-02-2005, 06:10 PM

Default Re: Negreanu Challenges Sklansky

Assuming the blinds were a "reasonable" size (i.e., the freezout isn't going to last ten years), I could train a monkey to beat Daniel at just about any game more often than one time in eleven. Saying he'd lay 10-to-1 against David just tells me that he's ignorant.
Old 05-02-2005, 06:11 PM

David Sklansky Quote:

"I could be mistaken here but it seems like the Wynn is not going to take the big games away from the Bellagio. That's not good for Daniel, both because I believe he was expected to bring some of those games there and because I believe he pledged not to play anywhere in Vegas but the Wynn.

If I am right about the above, his challenge makes a lot of sense, even if he might be a small underdog in a few spots. Give up a tiny bit of EV to get some action down to his place.

As for me, I have little headup experience. In spite of that, a 100K freezout in stud hi-lo with no qualifier (his list didn't stipulate a qualifier) and a smallish ante is a game I ought to be a favorite in. But still not enough to make it worth my risk and time. Unless he can also get good TV and media coverage. If he can, I think he's got me."

[img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

So, if you read my second post..you will see I corrected myself and gave my apologies. I was doing three things at once and I was quoting David and not paying attention to what i was writing. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
It would interesting to see David's views on the STud hi/lo no qualifier issue.
And maybe, just maybe...Daniel has asked David's help to get the juices flowing for the new Wynn poker room and all of this is a primer to get us all interested and writing about it [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 05-02-2005, 06:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Assuming the blinds were a "reasonable" size (i.e., the freezout isn't going to last ten years), I could train a monkey to beat Daniel at just about any game more often than one time in eleven. Saying he'd lay 10-to-1 against David just tells me that he's ignorant.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he meant +110 not 10 to 1.
Old 05-02-2005, 06:14 PM

It was 11 to 10, wasn't it?
Old 05-02-2005, 06:16 PM

10 to 1? I thought Daniel said 1.1 to 1
WOW....No way..
Old 05-02-2005, 06:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he meant +110 not 10 to 1.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're right. My bad.. nevermind. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-02-2005, 06:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I could train a monkey to beat Daniel at just about any game more often than one time in eleven. Saying he'd lay 10-to-1 against David just tells me that he's ignorant.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think he's laying 10 to 1. He said 1.1 to 1.0, so I assume he means bet 100,000 to win 110,000.

- MAC
Old 05-02-2005, 06:20 PM

I see.I dont have the supersystem book so thats why i didnt know about it. Thank you for the info