FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Well, is he?
Yes 11 25.58%
Yes, he is 32 74.42%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-08-2005, 02:09 AM

Default Re: Hatred for Vince Lepore poll

[ QUOTE ]
he is annoying and immature but i dont HATE him for that, i hate people that order tacos with meat and cheese only...that is just plain wrong!

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow good answer.
Old 04-08-2005, 02:17 AM

I've had him ignored for a very, very long time. It's kept the hate down. But I had to go with option 6, because that's just a great answer.
Old 04-08-2005, 03:55 AM

It's almost 4 in the morning. I can't sleep. I'm a little hungry. And I still hate Vince Lepore.
Old 04-08-2005, 03:57 AM

I remember when I first started playing and reading 2+2, Vince was like a poker god in my mind. This is about 4 years ago, I knew nothing, and he was this Vegas pro. Wow, a real pro! Didn't Sklansky say he could be, or had the talent to be, "world class" or something? I dunno.

I read his posts when I come across them for nostalgia or whatever. There was a time when his limit holdem advice was as good as anybody's here. Now 2+2 is so big, poker has evolved so much, that the old school posters are gone or irrelevant.
Old 04-08-2005, 04:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I remember when I first started playing and reading 2+2, Vince was like a poker god in my mind. This is about 4 years ago, I knew nothing, and he was this Vegas pro. Wow, a real pro! Didn't Sklansky say he could be, or had the talent to be, "world class" or something? I dunno.

I read his posts when I come across them for nostalgia or whatever. There was a time when his limit holdem advice was as good as anybody's here. Now 2+2 is so big, poker has evolved so much, that the old school posters are gone or irrelevant.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, like there was this guy "fossilman" or whatever that used to post about tournaments. What a n00b
Old 04-08-2005, 04:12 AM

I don't even know who he is.
Old 04-08-2005, 06:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't even know who he is.

[/ QUOTE ]

He used to have his own forum. That's right, there used to be a 'Vince Lepore Forum' (though only for a short time). He used to post as often as you did when you were approaching your 10,000th post, and I found it quite obnoxious. About a year before Mason gave him his own forum I posted some sarcastic remark to him which he seemed genuinely hurt by. I instantly felt a sense of regret, so now I do my best to refrain from putting over-posting newcomers in their place (Not that he was a newbie at that point. It was around 1999, and I'm pretty sure he had been here longer than I.)

After Vince lost his forum he completely disappeared for quite some time. I always felt it was wrong of Mason to give him his own forum just to take it away so quickly; like it was only some sort of goof in the first place. Anyway he's back, primarily sticking to forums other than OOT ("Other Forums" was his main hangout, so I guess it brings back bad memories for him [understandably]).

-dsm
Old 04-08-2005, 06:49 AM

Yeah, I read some posts from that guy. Every post he made said the same [censored]..."just get all you money in with the worst of it and suck out, that's what I do at Foxwoods...". Forget the game passing him by, he never got it to begin with.
Old 04-08-2005, 06:56 AM

How could such a useless and annoying poster get his own forum?
Old 04-08-2005, 08:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
How could such a useless and annoying poster get his own forum?

[/ QUOTE ]

You'll need to ask Mason about that.

Believe it or not, Vince was pretty well liked up until and during the short time he had his own forum. Mason, Sklansky, and Zee were all on very friendly terms with Vince. Vince had such an unbridled sense of enthusiasm for posting that I guess it just seemed like a fun idea to give him his own forum. I remember jokingly scolding Mason for not adding the 'Vince Lapore' forum in the list of forums he was advertising in CardPlayer Magazine. In fun, Mason said it had slipped his mind, and I think he may have added it to the advertisement for an issue or two (I'd have to go through my old issues to be sure though).

Vince took having his own forum very seriously, and I believe he was truly crushed (at least for a while) when Mason took it away. I even seem to remember Vince posting an apology on 'Other Topics' for letting everybody down.

Like most people who post several times a day, he's a very sensitive person (yeah yeah yeah), wanting to share every thought that pops into his head. And like most people who seem to post too much, you'll often either like them or hate them. I had grown to like Vince up until he left, but I haven't read any of his posts since he's come back. You guys make it sound like he's taken on an abusive attitude. That's a shame.

-dsm