Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-05-2005, 09:03 PM

Default Re: statspost: 330BB downswing

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You probably suck.

[/ QUOTE ]

STFU

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldnt say suck per-say. More like needs a little tweakage to his game.

Defend more, so read more on blind defense. get your AF numbers down (let your opponents hang themselves sometimes, mix up your play, u dont always have to be overaggressive), dont fold the river so much.
Old 09-06-2005, 04:46 AM

I see your VP$IP to be low for 6max. Perhaps you could play more hands? You also let your opponents to steal your blinds. Consider playing more hands with position and from BB. You fold to steal HU so often your opponents can profitably open-raise from Button or CO with almost any two cards.

On the other hand, your AF is too high. Also W$SD is too low. I think you play too aggressively on turn and river.

You possibly overplay your hands and make too many "expert laydowns" when you face resistance. Consider switching to "call-down" mode more often.
Old 11-23-2005, 03:38 PM

you can tighten up an ass-ton from the sb, I would say bring that vpip down to 25%. Raise PF more; more specifically, steal more. start open raising hands as weak as k7o, j9o, q7s, k5s, j8s from the CO if the button is 40% vpip or less, and if the bb is 50% vpip or less. People need to utilize late position better, and doing this will make your winrate skyrocket. I would say your fold blinds to steal are about right; honestly, if you are a somewhat inexperienced player, that is a very tough spot to play(being oop, and in defense mode). Probably get less aggressive on the turn (something I could probably work on myself).

edit: LOL, I just saw the date of the OP.
Old 11-23-2005, 04:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
steal more. start open raising hands as weak as k7o, j9o, q7s, k5s, j8s from the CO if the button is 40% vpip or less, and if the bb is 50% vpip or less.

[/ QUOTE ]

Holy crap, someone as loose as I am. Just be careful with those hands, like u say they work in conditions of tighter button and tighter BB...as long as ppl pay attention to this and play decently postflop...by all means do this. But for some it might be a little loose.
Old 09-06-2005, 05:09 AM

Your fold to river bet is way too high. You're likely folding too many winners at the river and it's costing you whole pots when you're wrong. These mistakes can be huge.

Also, do you understand river play that well? The high AF might indicate you're betting hands you should be checking.
Are you making The Worst Play in Poker ?
Old 09-06-2005, 08:58 AM

Thx for all the comments so far.
I see i need to make some changes to my game.
BB folded HU is too high.
Be less aggressive on all streets, call down more instead of raising and taking the lead. Go to showdown a bit more and also win at showdown some more [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
And don't bet hands on the river that I should be checking.

One extra question; what about my VPIP form SB? isn't 37% too high?

gemmer
Old 09-06-2005, 04:40 PM

is this a good article? i have some issues with it, but for fear of sounding like a moron i'm going to keep them to myself untill someone else wishes to opine.
Old 09-06-2005, 05:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
is this a good article? i have some issues with it, but for fear of sounding like a moron i'm going to keep them to myself untill someone else wishes to opine.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the article assumes a tight opponent. Due to the donkeys that populate 5/10 and below, you can loosen up your value betting standards considerably.

What's your beef with it? I'm curious, and would like to discuss it. I think the article is pretty solid and I've been pointing my friends at it, since this is a concept a lot of people have trouble grasping.
Old 09-07-2005, 12:11 AM

no, you got it. i don't know what kind of wacky high limit games this fellow plays in, but they're different from where i'm playing. his general point is good i think.
Old 09-05-2005, 03:15 PM

Wow, that is eerie. I just have to share my graph because it looks exactly the same. I think this proves online poker is rigged.