Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-25-2005, 02:25 AM

Default Re: Calling AI in the BB, in the final table.

[ QUOTE ]

Dare I say it...could a stop and go work here? I never do it (not my style) but it looks like a good situation to pull one off.

[/ QUOTE ]

Button went allin.
Old 09-25-2005, 02:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm going to differ and say fold
I'm willing to admit that you may have a small edge here. I think your about 50%-55% or better against his range but we must remember the payout structure.
Personally, i'm more likely to fold and be the agressor and put other people to the test. You don't have a whole lot of chips, but you have good folding equity still and can hope to remain alive to place in the money
(Note: this analysis is irrelivent if you are playing for just the seat, in that case it is definately a call- i'm assuming that you are trying to pick the option that will be the most $EV.

[/ QUOTE ]

There is a BIG difference between 45-48% and 50-55%. Unfortunately I'm expecting something similar or less than the former.

A6s wins about 50% (49.8%) against the following range:

22+,A2+,K6o+,K2s+,QTo+,Q8s+,JTs

The above range is also quite reasonable, although I know of many players who would fold a few of the above on the button, especially the lower unsuited kings. Of course some players will also be looser and push stuff like JTo and 87s on the button.

In any case I'm still recommending folding. First place is much bigger than the other prizes, however 2nd-4th are not negligible and can't be treated as such. Also there are good chances we will find a more +EV spot than this.

Old 09-25-2005, 11:22 AM

I would probably call unless the villain was tight. With 8xBB and needing to double up to have a decent shot at a seat, a good player will probably push with half his hands on the button. If this guy is playing to cash rather than for a seat, then definately fold.

You are putting in 44% of the money in the pot. If you are dominated, you have about a 30% chance, except against AA. You are ahead, but not a huge favorite, if villain doesn't have an ace or pp. It could also be close against another ace high hand.

It is probably a favorable gamble and you need to double up to have a shot at a seat and probably atleast cash.
Old 09-25-2005, 11:38 AM

my intuition is to fold, but it probably depends more on table dynamics than anything (is there too much folding going on?)
Old 09-25-2005, 11:54 AM

No way to answer this question correctly without reads on both the villian and the table.
Old 09-25-2005, 12:15 PM

Average final table, players taking turns to win the blinds, just 1 player playing way too tight, but it was not the button.
Old 09-25-2005, 01:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would probably call unless the villain was tight. With 8xBB and needing to double up to have a decent shot at a seat, a good player will probably push with half his hands on the button. If this guy is playing to cash rather than for a seat, then definately fold.

You are putting in 44% of the money in the pot. If you are dominated, you have about a 30% chance, except against AA. You are ahead, but not a huge favorite, if villain doesn't have an ace or pp. It could also be close against another ace high hand.

It is probably a favorable gamble and you need to double up to have a shot at a seat and probably atleast cash.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't believe that most good players will push with 50% of their hands on the button. I think this is an exageration.
Old 09-25-2005, 01:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't believe that most good players will push with 50% of their hands on the button. I think this is an exageration.

[/ QUOTE ]

if he knew you were folding hands as good as A6s, then he should be raising with more than 50%, shouldn't he?
Old 09-25-2005, 01:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I do, but I may not be a good player.
Old 09-25-2005, 02:14 PM

Barring the obvious, super Aggr button stealing every time etc., easy fold for Sirio11.