Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-21-2005, 02:44 PM

Default Re: Collection starts for \"Granny Goes To Vegas!\"

hi byronkincaid, La Brujita and Hiding

thank you for your suggestions etc but as you know the deal was faltering a little because of the quandary that Granny didn't want to spring for the entire expenses involved with staying in Vegas for a week or more yet he didn't want to ask us to foot his bill either

good old Mr True has stepped up to supply accommodation for Granny and that has saved the day

obviously Mr True believes that if he can get a whole bunch of new accounts out of us that some of us will like his site and start to play, and he is willing to pony up on that basis - which seems very fair to me and to Granny

if you open an account with $40 and transfer it to Granny and never step foot in Truepoker again, well, obviously that's up to you, and Mr True won't complain if that is your choice - he will still stick to his freebie room deal with Granny

therefore, i'm afraid that if you don't open the account (as someone has said, it takes five minutes) then i regret that it is extremely unlikely that you will be able to purchase a Granny-share

(if you do open an account but don't have Neteller funds available i will probably be able to take a money transfer from you at Stars and make a transfer to your True account, if that helps at all - also if you commit to buying a Granny-share within the next few days i will do my utmost to hold one for you for those few days)
Old 05-21-2005, 10:46 AM

Ok, email sent.

There is no mention of how winnings, if any, will be disbursed. Having the money go directly into our True accounts would seem like the best, easiest solution, though, as backers and accounts will be matched up perfectly, thus eliminating the possibility of error that having a variety of disbursement methods might cause.

PS, it is my hope to see footage of Grannie Mae winning a hand with Grannie Mae and standing up and shouting out, no doubt to mystification of most of those around, "Grannie Mae!" That will be well worth the price of admission.
Old 05-21-2005, 04:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ok, email sent.

There is no mention of how winnings, if any, will be disbursed. Having the money go directly into our True accounts would seem like the best, easiest solution, though, as backers and accounts will be matched up perfectly, thus eliminating the possibility of error that having a variety of disbursement methods might cause.

PS, it is my hope to see footage of Grannie Mae winning a hand with Grannie Mae and standing up and shouting out, no doubt to mystification of most of those around, "Grannie Mae!" That will be well worth the price of admission.

[/ QUOTE ]

hi all,

i just want to make a quick comment on the 'contract' stuff.

following the model that greg had used last year, this is what basically will happen. it worked fine for them, and should do well here.

pre-tournament there is a list that will be constructed that simply identifies all individuals contributions and spells out that each $40 represents x%.

then, all of the people on the list send me an email that simply says
"my name is XXXXX, i have x shares, and i agree that i am responsible for my own taxes. if i live outside the US, i agree that granny will pay my taxes and i will receive the net winnings after the taxes are paid".

that's ALL we need pre-tourney. this list that will be created, these posts etc will clearly define who is in and will serve as a contract to identify all parties.

after the event was over last year, greg's attorney or CPA or whatever, simply contacted each investor and put the action in place for there to be an adjusted w-2 filed.

therefore, WHEN i win, i sign for everything. then we simply have the lawyers create an adjusted w-2 that is filed to represent the partnerships.

this worked well for them, and we will follow the same model. the ONLY other solution is to have 200 (or whatever) individual contracts created prior to the tournament, and that would cost me more than $10k.

so, the list will be public, everyone will email me agreeing in the email that they will pay their own taxes directly or through me, then we sort it out with attorneys afterward.

if this is not acceptable to you, please don't buy a share (ot two).

adjusted w-2's are very common, and if you think i am going to try and deny that all of you own 70% in me, then you don't trust the situation enough to invest. any court would recognize the final list as binding. seperate contracts pre-event are not needed.

i've also got someone checking with greg to see if we can borrow the format of the email he had all the investors send him that agreed they would pay their own taxes.

finally, i heard that top 6 will get over a million this year? wonder if that's true? yes, we are gonna win it all, but there is substantial dollars to be won pretty deep.

bbl
Old 05-23-2005, 09:53 AM

I got a piece of ya too granny.
I'm already planning on how to spend the dinero yer gonna win us [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 05-21-2005, 11:02 AM

Done...please let us know when to send more than $40...thx Mike...GO GRANNY lol

btw thanks Truepoker for the deposit bonus...in appreciation of your contribution to this enterprise I will clear the bonus at my regular stakes so my account wont be
-MGR (cant believe a bonus whore like me is saying this)
Old 05-21-2005, 11:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
btw thanks Truepoker for the deposit bonus...in appreciation of your contribution to this enterprise I will clear the bonus at my regular stakes so my account wont be
-MGR (cant believe a bonus whore like me is saying this)

[/ QUOTE ]
the True Poker rake/bonus structure makes it impossible for the site to have negative MGR. play whatever games and stakes that you want.
Old 05-21-2005, 12:00 PM

I am in. I would be willing to purchase additional shares to ensure this works out. If needed, please let me know of a shortfall and I will email TruePoker to purchase the shortfall.

I am positive there will be no shortfall and would not be surprised to see these shares selling for double the face value on the secondary market. This may be the start of a poker player 'stock market' where players sell shares and they take off from there. Can we buy shares of Fossilman to repeat?

Thank you,

Jim Kuhn
Catfish4u
[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Old 05-21-2005, 12:48 PM

Done.
Old 05-21-2005, 01:45 PM

Done!
Old 05-21-2005, 01:51 PM

Done!