Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-09-2005, 12:21 AM

Default Re: Another SS post....Micro views rock!

I really can't see anything wrong with the way this was played. Could raise preflop, but I'd probably just limp. The LRR from UTG+1 screams big pair but with all the callers I think you have to see the flop. Flop gutshot plus backdoor flush draw give us plenty of outs to call the raise. Turn was not much help, and while we're surely beat on the river, the pot is too big to lay it down for 1 bet. Sorry, but I really can't see that I'd play it any differently.
Old 12-09-2005, 12:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I am having trouble justifying the flop call. We are getting 9:1 (possibly worse since there is a chance that the small blind might take it upstairs).

I find it hard to believe that our Q or T outs for top pair are good ... I would give them like, .25 outs each and I think .25 is generous. All I see are 2 runner runner draws .. giving them 1.5 outs each we have 3 maaaybe 3.5 outs (maybe less since some of the other players will almost always have some of our outs) and it seems like we need 14:1 odds to justify this call. I guess one could justify making these up in implied odds since UTG+1 isn't giving up his hand any time soon.

[/ QUOTE ]

Am I missing something here? I've seen several posts commenting on the backdoor str8 draw. It looks to me like an 8 gives us a T-high straight. That's 4 outs right there. Add in the BD flush and whatever our overcards are worth and I come up with 5-6 outs. Add in any implied odds and I think we've got a call on this flop.
Old 12-09-2005, 12:36 AM

You missed the gutshot. I'd estimate we have like 5 outs here.

I can't see playing this any other way other then raising preflop.
Old 12-09-2005, 01:44 AM

I said to 3bet the flop.

BTW.
There was a little discussion about preflop in SS and most said to raise.
Old 12-09-2005, 01:44 AM

grunch...

nh, in fact this hand was played so well i got this warm feeling inside, kinda like if there was a total opposite of indigestion... that would be what i got when i read this
Old 12-09-2005, 04:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You missed the gutshot. I'd estimate we have like 5 outs here.

I can't see playing this any other way other then raising preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thankyou, yes that was what I was missing!

Somehow my brain was only seeing the 9TQ and not picking up on the 679T also giving us a 1-card gutshot!

As that was my last post before going to bed last night I'm going to call that a good example of why not to play tired!

Mat
Old 12-09-2005, 04:45 AM

Preflop is fine with a nice multiway hand like Q10s. We could probably even raise here and it would be a good decision. Either way, call or raise is good. Liekly to get 3 overcalls here.

Flop. A gutshot straight draw and a backdoor flushdraw. Hmm. And we aren't even closing the action and there are two raisers before us... I would fold it here personally but since Hero decided to call which I never do in this situation since I am thinking that the action will continue with a 3-bet yadda yadda. there is no way I'm going to fold the turn either.

Other than a somewhat questionable flop play I like it.
Old 12-09-2005, 06:18 AM

*grunch*

Flop: I count to 8.5 outs (2 for weak OC, 4 for gutshot, 1.5 for BDFD and 1 for BDSD) and getting 20:2 this is a call.

Turn: Easy call.

River: I call here aswell, pot is too big to fold.
Old 12-09-2005, 07:03 AM

Now I'm looking at this hand correctly, can't help wondering if the 4 outs for the gutshot need to be discounted quite a bit, if an 8 hits we split with any other T and lose to JT. I think we are only drawing to half the pot a lot of the time here with so many preflop limpers.
Old 12-09-2005, 08:52 AM

Grunch*

Preflop - In late position QTs I would probably call initially, with UTG+1 Reraising though he must be in with a reasonably high pair, and trying to narrow the field down.

Flop - Even with a reraise, pot odds warrant a call to your draws.

Turn - Call as above

River - Ok I think I'm behind, but going to call anyway, only costing one bet, and the mistake of throwing in the towel, and forfeiting the pot is just to large.