Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-14-2004, 07:06 PM

Default Re: King of the Zoo is lame

I believe you or one of your troll friends have posted this cack before. You don't like KotZ, that is your prerogative of course.

However, your argument (as usual) is fatally flawed. Whether anybody has achieved anything outside of the event is totally irrelevant, KotZ is all about like minded people on this forum playing a tournament together.

Whilst the rankings system ensures there is a competitive edge, for the most part each tournament is a social gathering and we get a chance to spend a few hours chatting whilst playing some cards. Like a big home game if you like.

Yeah I have won KotZ. And yes I haven't achieved anything else in poker. Big deal! I play KotZ each month and the odd sit and go, which makes me something of an amateur. I felt great winning KotZ because there are some great players in these tournaments. C M Burns springs to mind, a KotZ regular these days - he won a WCOOP event last year, not something to sniff at. For an amateur to defeat players of his calibre is something to be proud and why the hell should I not enjoy that?

There is one part of your post that was right, when you called KotZ a feelgood tourney. It sure is and long may it stay that way. We pat each other on the backs because we like each other. You most probably think that is sad; it has to be far sadder to be jealous of it.

Simon

PS You are welcome to play in the KotZ tournaments and school us in the art of WPT standard play any time.