Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-10-2005, 01:56 PM

Default Re: Another KK Preflop Situation

[ QUOTE ]
The only way you fold this is if you knew your opponant would never do this without AA. Every 24 time you go in with KK, you'll run into AA's once (and thats at a 9 player table). I saw a stat last night on the WPT tour that at a 6 handed table KK will run into AA's once every 55 times.
CALL

[/ QUOTE ]

I got KK twice last night, both times I was up against AA.

Variance can be a bitch...
Old 03-10-2005, 02:10 PM

Default Re: Another KK Preflop Situation

[ QUOTE ]
The only way you fold this is if you knew your opponant would never do this without AA. Every 24 time you go in with KK, you'll run into AA's once (and thats at a 9 player table). I saw a stat last night on the WPT tour that at a 6 handed table KK will run into AA's once every 55 times.
CALL

[/ QUOTE ]

They said once every 44 times. The odds are definitely closer in this hand since he called a 6x BB raise. I represented a big hand by raising up to 20... then he goes all in knowing that I have a great hand. It is no longer 44 to 1 at this point. With that being said, I don't think I will think about folding KK based on the feedback here and the fact that I have been shown AA about three times out of 8 in this situation where I considered folding because I thought the opponent had AA.