Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-06-2005, 01:56 AM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)
Default Re: KQo BB 6 hand

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
mark seif, some donk who won some bracelets at this years wsop. I've never played with him though, so I can't say how good he is in these games.

[/ QUOTE ]

usually i 3bet pf, but given my position to the pfr i want to be able to c/r good flops and trap the field in this case. also who knows how good my equity is, it really isn't worth it IMO.

(note: i'd 3bet if it was HU)

[/ QUOTE ]

the nice thing about putting in a lot of bets in these situations is it discourages people from stealing on you a lot. people dont like having the lead taken
Old 12-06-2005, 01:57 AM

Since it's HU on the river, does anyone prefer checking to the button to induce a bluff from a missed club draw or other unmade hand, as opposed to making a value bet?
Knowing villian's WTSD would make this a much easier decision.
Old 12-06-2005, 02:08 AM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)

[ QUOTE ]
Since it's HU on the river, does anyone prefer checking to the button to induce a bluff from a missed club draw or other unmade hand, as opposed to making a value bet?
Knowing villian's WTSD would make this a much easier decision.

[/ QUOTE ]

no real reason to put him on a draw. this is a pretty clear value bet
Old 12-06-2005, 02:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i dont like the turn bet. the lag could decide you dont have an A and might want to test you. then what?

[/ QUOTE ]

call down?

I need to think about it more, but I like the turn donk. I think there is a good chance the button checks behind here once he gets called in 2 places on that flop.
Old 12-06-2005, 03:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i dont like the turn bet. the lag could decide you dont have an A and might want to test you. then what?

[/ QUOTE ]

call down?

I need to think about it more, but I like the turn donk. I think there is a good chance the button checks behind here once he gets called in 2 places on that flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

if the pot were bigger (if he 3-bet preflop) then id say bite the bullet and bet. but i think betting the turn has "own me" written all over it, and the pot size doesnt justify that
Old 12-06-2005, 03:27 AM

Also its not that terrible if he gives up a free card as he has a gutshot too and will be well ahead if button checks turn.

-DeathDonkey
Old 12-06-2005, 03:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
mark seif, some donk who won some bracelets at this years wsop. I've never played with him though, so I can't say how good he is in these games.

[/ QUOTE ]

looks like a donk you likes to call suited connectors there.
Old 12-06-2005, 03:45 AM

whats your action if he pops the river, given your line?

Also if he raises the turn, Id call, and prolly fold river UI. But lately I have been unable to do that (folding that is, especially 3handed).