Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-30-2005, 05:21 AM

Default Re: 15k hand post - various limits

[ QUOTE ]
I actually meant to just post your full ring stats.

As for the 6max stats you posted:

-go to showdown a lot more, 27% is way too low IMO (I think I'm at like 37%)
-steal more. search the HUSH forum for oreogods starting hand chart he posted recently
-your turn aggresion seems too high, but this could just be because of sample size issues

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is a case where the numbers actually indicate a general leak:

If you have both a notably high turn agg. factor and a notably low WTSD%, what that probably means is that you are folding too often on the turn. In other words, you are probably falling victim to too many turn bluff/semi-bluff/misguided value raises and actually folding to many hands on the turn that are either ahead or have outs to continue.

So loosen up your turn play. Start getting observant about what players at the tables you play are capable of bluff/semi-bluff raising the turn. Be very wary of folding to turn raises if you can't seem to think of a plausible collection of hands which villain might have that are beating you. Be wary of folding on obvious scare cards, and so on.
Old 11-30-2005, 02:08 PM

Default Re: 15k hand post - various limits

Hobbs, here are my full ring stats. Thanks again for any help. Also, Deranged, I did notice that my turn aggression was very high and I was wondering why. You say I am bet/folding too much on the turn right?

Full ring stats: