Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-25-2005, 04:59 PM

Default Re: .5/1 QQ Too Agressive?

The river bet is horrible after being capped on the turn. This looks like you were tilting a bit as I can see no good reason for it.
Old 11-25-2005, 06:07 PM

Because we're HU I don't like the RR on the turn unless villain is a bigtime LAG (and we figure we're at least a 66% favorite). Even with a great read, I don't like 3betting and folding to a cap because we may have as many as 4 outs. Against an unknown I call the turn R, donk/call a 3 on the river, donk/3bet or checkraise a Q, and check/call anything else.
Old 11-25-2005, 06:11 PM

Rather than three betting the turn I would donk bet a non K non A non 10 non 9 river.
Old 11-25-2005, 06:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Rather than three betting the turn I would donk bet a non K non A non 10 non 9 river.

[/ QUOTE ]
why? the guy who raised the turn is basically always going to bet the river, anyway.
Old 11-25-2005, 06:35 PM

Reads would definately help. If the player is even somewhat decent I wouldnt give them credit for cold calling any hand that contains a 3. So on the turn I am only afraid of 99 or TT. I doubt the villian would have slowplayed both preflop and flop with KK or AA. Maybe the villian has a pair of 9s or Ts and a flush draw. The cap doesnt seem like that bad of a situation to me. However, when the ace comes and makes a 3 flush I would definately check call.
Old 11-25-2005, 06:38 PM

How you guys play the river against a LAG with the same turn action? I was thinking check/call any overcard, [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]; go nuts on a Queen (obviously); and check/fold a Ten (unless he's a maniac). How about check/call a brick, and bet/call a 3 (against a maniac: bet/3bet?)?.