Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-20-2005, 09:37 PM

Default Re: Value betting the donk. Live 5/5

[ QUOTE ]
Ok here is something interesting :
Assume that after showing his cards your opponent become the best poker player ever and he will play optimally from now on (he will read your mind easily so any tries to "trick him" are futile). What now ? What's the correct betsize ? Can this question be answered at all ?
I will post the answer later I hope its interesting point.

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

EDITED : to add description of perfect player

[/ QUOTE ]

The perfect betsize is then allin w/ the correct bluff ratio.
Old 11-20-2005, 09:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The perfect betsize is then allin

[/ QUOTE ]

I was quite happy when I figured it out some time ago. Also interesting fact is that "bluffing leverage" is worth from 0 to 0.5x (x = potsize) depending on how much money you have on the table (but it never rich full 0.5x).
I dont know how much impact is has on holdem strategy but I suspect that its good idea to play in this way that you are always able to get allin with the nuts and always have some possible weak hands to bluff with.

Best wishes
Old 11-20-2005, 10:19 PM

300$. The fact that he deliberated so long on the turn is making me shy away from a push.
Old 11-20-2005, 11:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I suspect that its good idea to play in this way that you are always able to get allin with the nuts and always have some possible weak hands to bluff with.

Best wishes

[/ QUOTE ]

This can be negated by the fact that you dont know your opponent's hands, and that they dont play perfect. In the particular hand I either push, or i bet ~150. I think ~300 is the worst that you can go.
Old 11-20-2005, 11:04 PM

All in.......
Old 11-20-2005, 11:08 PM

How about looking really nervous, then betting 500 really quickly?

[img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 11-29-2005, 06:49 PM

Default Results

I'm torn between pushing and betting small against this particular opponent. Against someone who was an iota smart there is no doubt I'm pushing, but I think here, I'm never getting called if I push against this guy because he was SURE I hit a K for some reason.

Anyway, I bet 500 after thinking for a bit, then pushed it in really quickly and tried to look as nervous as possible. He folded after a little bit. I made the worst possible bet, imo.

Also, I saw him again this Monday and he proudly told me how called a pot sized all in with AK on a T high board "because {I} was sure he had JJ".

He promptly hit running QJ to win the pot. I told him he played it very well.
Old 11-29-2005, 07:01 PM

Default Re: Results

[ QUOTE ]
I'm torn between pushing and betting small against this particular opponent. Against someone who was an iota smart there is no doubt I'm pushing, but I think here, I'm never getting called if I push against this guy because he was SURE I hit a K for some reason.

Anyway, I bet 500 after thinking for a bit, then pushed it in really quickly and tried to look as nervous as possible. He folded after a little bit. I made the worst possible bet, imo.

Also, I saw him again this Monday and he proudly told me how called a pot sized all in with AK on a T high board "because {I} was sure he had JJ".

[/ QUOTE ]

ashame you can't "buddy list" live players by marking their foreheads with a sharpee. a big black "X"
Old 11-29-2005, 07:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ashame you can't "buddy list" live players by marking their foreheads with a sharpee. a big black "X"

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, you can, they just get upset about it though
Old 11-29-2005, 07:53 PM

See? This is why no one takes you seriously.

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]