Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-23-2005, 05:52 PM

Default Re: 2/5 NL Live Game, why did he make this play?

I know I made a mistake in this hand on the flop, trust me. But I couldnt decide if I make it 150-200 to go on the flop does he only call me with the flopped straight and muck 2 pair. I wasnt sure as which way to play this since I have never played with him before. So instead I just called and was looking for a non spade broadway card or the board to pair and see what his reaction was.

So based on all of this and my bad play, who calls this without a second guess. I thought when he raised he had 2 pair, but when you went all-in on the turn I couldnt decide what he had to do this. I think his view of me was standard as I had not shown down a hand in the first hour of play but was up a little.

Side note: This isnt a tiny home game, everyone starts off with 500 and then you can buy up to cover the table. Also the note about him playing in the WSOP wasnt to define how good or bad he was but to give an idea that I was playing with someone who knew something about poker
Old 11-23-2005, 05:55 PM

Default Re: 2/5 NL Live Game, why did he make this play?

Hi Josh,

This was my thinking on the turn when he went all-in. Why would he do that with a straight. He must have 2 Pair and think I am drawing. I couldnt decide.

But you call this without hesitation?