Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-20-2005, 09:36 PM

Default Re: When to leave table?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
So I walk into a cardroom, buy in for $100 expecting to double that up in 2-3 hrs. However, I catch several miracle hands in a row against some very decent hands. So I am 20 minutes into this session and up $300; very little skill was involved. I am up way more than my target and I want to leave, but I know to leave this soon would be disrespectful. It is a small card room in which I will play these players in the future. Do you stay out of courtesy? What would you do?

[/ QUOTE ]

I would duck out early, go home, and lose the arrogant attitude.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP
Old 10-24-2005, 11:30 AM

I wish I would have read this post before the weekend. I went to Vegas for the first time this weekend and stayed at Bally's. I flew in Thursday night around 8 pm and went right to the tables. All they were spreading in limit was 2-4, so I decided to play no limit $100-$300 buy in 1/2 blinds. I do not consider myself a particularly good nl player so I was a little nervous and only bought in for $100. Within around 5-6 hours I was up $500, I looked down at my chips and thought "maybe I should go to bed". I was tired, and the 6-7 beers were catching up to me, but we were having a really fun time, great table. Anyway, I get involved with a hand that just becomes a monster pot. I have AQs and the flop comes Q and two of my suit (clubs) but, the board is scary because the other two cards were close to the queen. Any way, my club never comes and the river bets out $295 all in. I have around $500 sitting in front of me. My first instinct was to fold...and then it hit me, he could be bluffing. He bluffed a player out of a winner earlier with a similar bet. You know what happened, I call the huge bet with only tptk and he had flopped a straight. I wasn't right for the next 24 hours. Anyway, I wish I would have picked up and went to bed. Live and Learn. What is bad is that I cashed out slightly ahead and went to MGM and proceeded to lose $200 in nl and $200 in limit. I then go to the room, after playing for 12 hours straight and being on tilt and go to bed. I wake up about 3 hours later, so pissed at myself for being a donkey I punish myself by playing 2-4 limit with my last $90 and played for about 7 hours and lost that. Now I am broke, but someone lends me $400. Luckily I played better and caught some cards and won back $340 of my lost $490. I am still sick though when I think...what if I had just gone to bed!

p.s. sorry this is so long and uninteresting but it is therapuetic (sp ?)
Old 10-24-2005, 11:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]

...6-7 beers were catching up to me, but we were having a really fun time, great table...

[/ QUOTE ]

Always keep tha' fishes laffin' and if they're drinkin' ya' just know all those chips they got ain't gonna walk away from tha' table.

Luv it!

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 10-24-2005, 11:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So I walk into a cardroom, buy in for $100 expecting to double that up in 2-3 hrs.

[/ QUOTE ]

Every 2 hours, after you're done doubling up, just move up to the next limit. Repeat for 24 hours and you'll have a nice 1-day profit of about 400 grand.
Old 10-24-2005, 07:42 PM

My first night in vegas. sit down in a 1/2 NL game just for some fun. Now I am a pretty good limit player but never had the stomach for calling some guys ATs all in with AA and losing so I stick to limit. Ok thats not the point anyway I sit there to just have a few beers and relax not caring too much if I win or lose. Well I changed my mind about that after about 15 minutes at the table. the guy to my left spoke very little english. Acctually the only two english words I think he knew was ALL-IN. Which is ok by me. so in about 45 min he rebuys 5 times for $300 each, I end up with almost $2000 in front of me in only 5 hands. This guy is red hot cause he has been pushing the table around all night. Well then I sit down and see AA, AK, QQ, and cant remember the other two but take $1800 of this guy and call my buddie to the table. announce to the table im gonna go smoke. I told my buddy I would give him $100 if he would run over to the table and act like something was wrong and I had to leave. Well it worked out good and I got out alive, cause I was getting a little scared when the guys face turned red and he was talking under his breath in another language.
Old 10-24-2005, 08:08 PM

So, if I'm reading/understanding correctly, the dealer let someone who didn't own the stack just cash it in? Seems like a very loose house. Can't remember ever seeing that happen.

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]