Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-22-2005, 09:48 PM

Default Re: LSD or heroin?

[ QUOTE ]
So the stories about acid flashbacks are not true either?

[/ QUOTE ]

I used to do quite a lot of acid. Acid flashbacks are real but minor unless maybe you do it like every day. Flashbacks are not that big a deal. After the first few times I took acid I realized that doing it is sometimes a 3 day affair so it's not realistic to do it that often. Not addictive at all though. Someone who said that acid was a minor drug or experience didn't get the right [censored].
Old 10-22-2005, 09:54 PM

Neither one is a big deal. You will not get hopelessly addicted from shooting up one time. It's possible to develop a habit from a weekend of f_cking around with it, but this scenario is assuming you are shooting it multiple times. Even then if you're willing to feel sick and deal with not being able to have it you'll come through alright. In my opinion the real problem people have with kicking addictions, regardless of whether the body is physiologically addicted or not, is the psychological element. By that I mean they have sold out to a feeling. If you can appreciate that you can feel good and that at some point the feeling is going to end and not come back then you are not likely to end up with a habit. Many people can not look at their own feelings with detachment.

LSD does present the small danger of you not being able to handle your feelings and doing something impulsive while delusional/disoriented that has tragic consequences. This is why set and setting are important in any drug use, in particular the psychedelics. But if you are in a safe place with people you believe to have good intentions towards you there is no great danger here either. You are somewhat psychologically open when you are on it. If negative thoughts and feelings come upon you then the ability to detach and just let them be there and then pass is enough to get you through it.

regards,

raisins
Old 10-22-2005, 10:04 PM

Good post.

Set and setting is definitely extremely important. It is dangerous to be around people you don't trust, and you shouldn't take it if feeling stressed or fearful. You have to be honest with yourself about this; if you are feeling fearful or psychologically not your best, the time to make up a cover story to yourself about it is not right before you take LSD.

I do think it's important to note that, in the same way booze affects your judgment and so renders you less capable of correctly judging when you are driving well, LSD can render you much less able to deal with negative feelings or fantasies. Just sitting through it may not be very easy at all. It's good to do it with responsible people around that you really feel good about, so if anything goes wrong, people can talk you down and help you wait out anything bad.

LSD doesn't have to be bad at all, and you can even direct your hallucinations willfully sometimes, but I'd just advise some caution and honesty with yourself. It's not the drug to take to fart around with your [censored] friends, or when you have to go to work tomorrow, or if you've got some bad feelings nagging at you.
Old 10-22-2005, 10:20 PM

LSD. It isn't close.
[ QUOTE ]
Also is Heroin really that addictive?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes
Old 10-22-2005, 10:30 PM

If you're a reluctant drug user and someone has put a gun to your head, which drug is less harmful, long term and short? Is that the question?

Assuming you don't have a super-addictive personality and that the drug is injected safely, you should take the shot of Heroin, since it will probably just make you feel nauseous and sleepy and the sensation will fade relatively relatively quickly. Unless you have a romantic view of the drug, or an ambition to become an addict, the experience will be un-memorable and probably at least vaguely unpleasant (I've never used it intravenously, only sniffed it, but that's my experience).

LSD, on the other hand, promises to be a long drawn-out adventure, where set and setting become even more important to ensuring a healthy experience. And there's always a tiny chance that you'll spend the rest of your life believing that you are a glass of orange juice.
Old 10-22-2005, 10:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
LSD does not stay in your body forever; this is flat-out false. Nor does it damage your chromosones. There is no measurable long-term physical consequence from one hit of LSD.

It could have long-term psychological effects, but so could any intense life experience. Sometimes it can trigger pre-existing but latent issues.

Mainlining any drug is more dangerous, since any impurities are also taken more directly. But since this is a hypothetical, we can assume both drugs are known pure.

Heroin is more addictive physically and mentally, but hardly to the point that one dose hooks you for life. In fact cigarettes are far more addictive statistically.

So, I'd probably say heroin because that's the one I haven't tried yet :-)

Like every other drug question, your research should start with http://www.erowid.org .

To repeat, the LSD-in-the-spine thing is pure myth. Not that I necessarily endorse it, but we should get the facts right before forming opinions.

[/ QUOTE ]

i've heard of people breaking their necks later in life and tripping balls, this is not true? also doesn't the army do spinal taps for this reason?
Old 10-22-2005, 11:03 PM

Breaking their necks? Whaaa?
Old 10-22-2005, 11:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

woops, i meant spine... or something like that
Old 10-22-2005, 11:05 PM

I think heroin is MORE addictive than LSD. LSD is more like ecstasy than heroin and since I tried ecstasy before and don't feel addicted to it, I think I'll go with LSD. I don't know many people who tried heroin, but I assume that it's a lot worse than LSD judging from what I heard/read/seen in the media or through friends.
Old 10-22-2005, 11:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

woops, i meant spine... or something like that

[/ QUOTE ]

You sound very informed.