Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-31-2004, 05:52 PM

Default Re: Why did you choose your Nick Name?

I'm not Mitch.
Old 03-31-2004, 06:06 PM

I doubt anyone remembers, but I was originally shub314 on this site and every other site I played at.

Shub314 was really just the first four letters of my last name combined with the first three digits in the decimal expansion of pi.

Then I realized that shub314 was a boring name. This combined with the fact that another poster on this site was called shrub made me want to change it. This was made worse when Cris kept responding to my posts with "Hiya Shrub..." [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

So I had to think of a cool new name and I combined the latin words for Gambler and Magician. AleoMagus

I have since learned that aleo can also mean "to grind" which I suppose is a happy coincidence because that may apply to my poker game as well.

While I have managed to change to AleoMagus on all the party skins, Pokerstars still has me as shub314 (though I have written AleoMagus into my image).

Regards,
Brad S
Old 03-31-2004, 06:09 PM

Hi Justin,

I chose my name because I use up all of my imagination writing books and playing terrorist poker, so I had nothing left for a screen name. Oh well. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Cris
Old 03-31-2004, 06:22 PM

Sheriff Fatman is a much loved song from my youth by a band called Carter the Unstoppable Sex Machine. I liked it as a handle as 'The Sheriff' sounded like kind of a poker handle and Fatman seemed appropriate as most people would class me as 'Online Poker Pro' T-shirt size.

I initially spelt Sheriff wrong (Sherriff), only finding this out when I downloaded the single artwork as an avatar. I discreetly changed the name and hoped no-one noticed. They didn't and I've since seen every conceivable combination of r's and f's used to spell it on this site.

Continuing a similar theme I picked a Stars handle based on another favourite band of mine, The Pixies. Debaser is one of their singles and is memorable as the first song played in the bar on my first night as a University student. I've loved it ever since as it always takes me back to that wonderful feeling of freedom that night of knowing that 3 years of unrivalled alcohol abuse opportunities in a place full of 18-21 year old girls lay ahead.

Sheriff
(with a tear in his eye!)
Old 03-31-2004, 06:33 PM

My friend Snoopy and I graze at a 2-Solarium house in the Hamptons.
Old 03-31-2004, 07:20 PM

my name is daryn
Old 03-31-2004, 07:22 PM

I'm B. David- at some point some guy at an online hip-hop forum started calling me B. Diddy.

A few years later Puff Daddy started going by P. Diddy and even though I had the damn nickname first- I shorten it to B. Dids (or just Dids) because I didn't need anybody who read my posts or website to think that I was biting that cornball.

Old 03-31-2004, 09:07 PM

I like soccer so I named myself Claudio Reyna after the US captain. La Brujita is the nickname of Juan Veron who used to be one of my favorite players.
Old 03-31-2004, 09:25 PM

All modesty aside, they are enormous. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 03-31-2004, 09:31 PM

Is it only meant for Hebrew (or Yiddish) speakers, or is it that any English-speaker knows what Baitsim are? I'm sirious.