Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-26-2004, 09:08 PM

Default Re: another AK out of position hand...

I'm bumping because bruiser really doesn't understand how bad this play is here because he didn't ask the question about it or has paid any notice yet while has meanly been asking about stupid hands vs tom mcevoy.
Old 09-26-2004, 09:19 PM

I checked because tehe flush draw came but I guess the point is, I am going to call a bet by him since I am so pot comitted so I should bet the river. Also, there is really no hand he is going to bluff with here... I'm letting him value bet the river when he wants and check when he wants.

Yeah?
Old 09-27-2004, 02:35 AM

Default Re: do you

play every hand looking for an excuse to fold?
Old 09-27-2004, 10:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
My opponent is loose and calls a lot

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
I checked because tehe flush draw came but I guess the point is, I am going to call a bet by him since I am so pot comitted so I should bet the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

You shouldn't fear the flush coming, he may have AQs AJs ATs QJs but compared to the other hands he could hold here it's unlikely. Right now he has a hand that he wants to showdown and you have utterly no reason to believe his is better than yours, that's on a very basic level of thought.

The one higher is that he'll never bluffraise so you should betfold so that you get max value out of K,x QQ etc since he will def. check behind with those.

Checking the river here is pretty awful poker. It's even worse that you didn't ask us about it thinking it was fine. The amount you left on the table could have bought 100 drinks for girls, that's 100 attempts at getting laid, see bruiser, if you bet the river you wouldn't be a virgin now.