Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-16-2005, 09:12 PM

Default Re: Turning Stone October 14-16

Just a correction to the post above - I finished 8th, not 7th. Since we chopped, we didn't really "finish" at all, but I didn't want to mislead.
Old 10-17-2005, 06:41 AM

Default Re: Turning Stone October 14-16

[ QUOTE ]
I'll be at Turning Stone Friday, October 14th through the 16th. A friend of mine will be playing in a few of the East Coast Poker Championship tournaments (Saturday's $500 NL event and Sunday's $1000 NL event.) I'll be playing $20/40.

If anyone else will be there and wants to meet up, let me know.

[/ QUOTE ]

Was there weds/thurs morning into sunday night.

Things started off on the right foot with a $300 set under turned set in the nl100 max.. We arrived late enough where i surrendered any possibility of playing in the $200 the next morning, so I had some brandy and played breakeven drunkengamb0l 3-6 lhe. I was the annoying one.

Thursday was sleeeeeeeeeepday. Woke up at 4 and crashed by 3am for the next day's tourney.

I got relatively shafted in the $300 tourney right before the first break, but never really had much going in the first place.. so it didn't hurt that badly.

Some dumb lady bumped into my drink tray in the torch lounge Friday Night (I was the 8 seat @ table 18 by the slot-side entrance), sending my last cup of celebrator onto my blue jeans. She continued walking without acknowledging what she'd done. I had to miss an orbit of 3-6 to change my pants. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Played 5/10 early saturday afternoon and then joined the awesome 3/6 o8 game where I practiced the art of tower building and learned some new techniques. Took a break to unwarp my brain and came back down to play some 1/2.. The game was ok short, altho it was easy to obtain way too tight of an image with the overbet opens some of the players made. Ground up a tiny profit only to push kings into obvious aces for another buyin. Oops.

Sunday, sweated a friend in some nl games and then watched the most hilarious bubble situation ever in the main event of the ECPC, with the shortstacks getting visibly angry at the aggro young'uns who refused to make a save with 15 left (paid 10). Way to make it even more obvious that you're trying to fold into the money. Apparently, trying to build a stack by taking advantage of the bubble is 'being greedy.'

The 200, 300, and 500 events all had ~200 entrants. The 1k had 103. A 4k save was made headsup and the top 2 finishers seemed to be among the friendlier at the final table.

Overall, a pretty bla weekend pokerwise, but fun nonetheless.

-kyo