Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-08-2005, 04:54 AM

Default Re: Live 3/6 -- Flopped Set

So basically, I want to push hard when my equity is huge on the flop as in this case, and I want to wait for the turn to protect when my equity is lower or unknown.. Is that right?

For the results.. UTG showed 66 for a set of sixes, and the button showed 69 for two pair, and my hand was good.
Old 12-08-2005, 12:18 PM

Default Re: Live 3/6 -- Flopped Set

[ QUOTE ]
You're flop reasoning is wrong. The decision to reraise or not has nothing to do with "driving others out." You want players calling a lot of money here because you have a monster hand and tons of pot equity. So reraise the flop for value. And because you'll get more money in by three-betting than by raising a safe turn card, where you'll often shut out a lot of opponents.

Remember, top set isn't only the best hand here, it's also the best draw. You have redraws on all straights and flushes. Don't be scared and trying to shut out people who'd probably be wrong to call anyway. Milk those hands for all their worth. Flush draws aren't folding anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

So well said.