Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-16-2005, 01:38 PM

Default Re: My Beginning

[ QUOTE ]
welcome to the forums... rough beat on that last hand, but try not to be results oriented (sounds like you aren't being, which is good). you made the right decision and most times, that play is going to work for you. good luck in the future.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you....no, I enjoyed that hand. I think it is 'luminous' that I am able to see how his play might be a mistake while mine was certainly not. I'm not exactly sure what I'd push back at him in that situation though. Perhaps AQ or better, and 88 or better since he did seem fairly likely to call. I also think he would raise bigger with big pairs...I remember him betting fairly large with KK earlier in the game. I think he has to lay down AJo to my allin just about every time, however, since he won't...I need to have tight pushing standards anyway, [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img].

Luminous
Old 06-16-2005, 01:39 PM

Default Re: My Beginning

You might want to turn off chat until your game has hardened up a bit.

Of the levels I've played (Play money -> $55s) I think the $11s varied the most from table to table. Be adaptable.

Definitely be wary of the expectations you develop in Play Money games. I really can't understand those games. Why do people work so hard to join a game and then just gambool? I understand it better in the money games where they are really gambling, than in the play games where they should just be trying to play well.