Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-20-2005, 10:51 AM

Default Re: AJo NL100

villian had A9o.

now if I put him on the weaker ace, can I make larger sized bets ?
Old 06-20-2005, 12:19 PM

yeah, why not as long as you know that he'll call. You want to make him pay as much as possible to try to suck out on you.
Old 06-20-2005, 03:55 PM

Your hand is a very medium holding - you want to get what you can off of people playing with worse and lose less to people playing with better. Your bet sizes were appropriate given the limited information you had about your opponents holding. My first inclination was to make the river bet less (I doubt any weaker ace calls this large a bet a good % of the time).

As for raising/limping here preflop, I would raise, but with all full stacks behind I might be wary of getting yourself in a dominated situation. Be knowledgable of the table's flow and the players' call/raise tendencies before you put this much money in with this medium hand.
Old 06-20-2005, 04:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
villian had A9o.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, this analysis would have been more meaningful if you had told us that your opponent in this hand was a dumbass.
Old 06-20-2005, 06:24 PM

Looks like you are being strung along or being paid off by a really weak apponent who likes 2.5:1 odds with an A showing and facing a pre-flop raiser. I would have slowed down by the river and just checked, maybe thats the wrong move but I am really disoriented with his play.

What is especially weird is his flat call on the river, I give you credit for a value bet here...I think youve got this one, my guess is that he's on A-T or A-x and not wanting to let it go. his last chance to raise you was on the river and he passed, really bizarre.
Old 06-20-2005, 06:32 PM

ok, I posted this and then read the whole thread...maybe for my own exercise. it was pretty obvious he was on A-x after the call on the river, but after the call on the turn I would have had a hard time putting in a value bet on the river not having any stats on this guy.

Is this incorrect? Should the missed opportunity he had on the turn to re-raise been enough to peg him on A-x?
Old 06-20-2005, 08:37 PM

Well the lag 40% read makes for a whole new situation. You basically have two questions: 1) should i normally bet like this, and 2) given that hes a donk whos likely dominated, how do i value bet this

1) Against most ppl youre up against something right around what you have. That said you should bet for value, but modestly in case AQ or an underplayed AK is out there. Id bet 6, 12, then 20 vs an unknown. I wouldnt check the river because I have no reason to believe im beat yet, and want more money from A9s and ATs. Preflop is fine, IŽd mix between raising 3-5x and open limping. Raising more so.

2) If hes a donk you can take it to the barn. 6 on the flop is fine. 15 on the turn is fine. By the river youre quite sure hes dominated, so Id pot it to him for 50. 30 is fine but I personally think up to the pot size ish he wont get away.

Thats my 2 cents

Kings