Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-22-2005, 08:54 AM

Default Re: JJ - Missed value bet?

I'd bet the river here.
Old 11-22-2005, 09:38 AM

heh, just a tip, your question wording simply biased it the other way, try "JJ play after a preflop cap" or something

anyway... i certainly dont think you missed a value bet here, i would probably check behind on the turn actually. although betting the turn and checking the river is the same as checking the turn and calling the river so i dont think its gonna be any big deal.

nh
Old 11-22-2005, 12:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
betting the turn and checking the river is the same as checking the turn and calling the river

[/ QUOTE ]
in terms of bets spent if he only calls your turn bet, they are the same. however, checking the turn means we never spend more than 1 bet to show down. we also get to draw (if we're behind) for free.

if he check raises the turn, we must call.

they're vastly different options.

pokher - i wouldnt think calling a river bet is +EV, but like i said i'd do it just to see those cards. it's worth more than the money lost just for this kind of hand.
Old 11-22-2005, 12:48 PM

When you raise the flop and he 3-bets, you're basically hoping his 3-bet is an overplayed AK/AQ/KQ. By the river you are hoping for AQ/AJ. I'd check behind on the turn hoping for a Q/J and fold the river unimproved.
Old 11-22-2005, 02:05 PM

:grunch: The villan's check/call on the turn seems odd after 3 betting the flop. Maybe a low pocket pair with an inside str?

I think you missed the value bet on the river esp. after not being check/raised on the turn.

EDIT after reading post: I like checking the turn and calling the river. Also the guy had AA and backed down to the K on the turn? Talk about a case of MUBS.
Old 11-22-2005, 04:14 PM

grunchgiving

pre-flop villain capped...cappage range? AK? KK? QQ? the other JJ? His pfr is not totally laggro, so we're not happy. Let's hope AK.

Flop seems standard. His 3-bet sucks. Let's fold the turn UI, or call 2 more bets to get it to SD.

Not sure I like the turn bet--I foresee fps check/raise move. His call of your bet tells me he maybe has JJ or QQ, or maybe AQ. Either way, I think you're behind, so the free SD is the way to go. Make notes if he played anything else.
Old 11-22-2005, 04:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I was considering a turn check through, but i wondered if he's a wimp with QQ... maybe a TINY TINY TINY possiblility he'll drop it. If he didn't i thought i'd go for a free SD.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure this is worth getting checkraised.
Old 11-22-2005, 04:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
betting the turn and checking the river is the same as checking the turn and calling the river

[/ QUOTE ]
in terms of bets spent if he only calls your turn bet, they are the same, unless we get check-raised, and have to call and fold the river UI.

[/ QUOTE ]

fyp